Sunset Lochranza Castle Isle Of Arran

Lovely colours in the sky with just the hint of a reflection in the water.

My only slight niggle is the boat is a bit tight to the edge of the frame on the right, a bit more space to give it a bit of symmetry with the castle would maybe be a better composition.

Very nice. Good composition. Maybe bring the shadows up a touch to see a little more detail in the castle and its reflection. All in all a great shot!

Nail on head there Dave - good composition, great expsure too

I love it Mate

Les :clap:

It's a good shot but I can't help thinking it would be better cropping out the yacht.

That would make the castle more of a focal point.

Beautiful image, though I agree that the boat could be a little further into the frame.
Definitely wouldn't crop it out though.

Lovely shot great comp and colours:)

Lovely job there Dave, works perfectly, I have an itch to get out for some sunsets now!

Thas a booty! (y)

Beautiful warming shot and I love the highlights in the clouds and the hint of reflection in the water.

What I find satisfying with the shot is how Dave's managed to improve his photography over a period of time by learning from his early mistakes going back a year of two not many would have commented on his pictures.

The last few threads have been a huge improvement since then :)

What I find satisfying with the shot is how Dave's managed to improve his photography over a period of time by learning from his early mistakes going back a year of two not many would have commented on his pictures.

The last few threads have been a huge improvement since then :)

Not sure what you mean Peter, Ive always had decent landscape shots, some of my bird shots are lacking maybe, as for wild life Ive had fab shots and I always had great macro shots, so a little unsure what you mean to be honest, if I failed at composition and content then all the years at art college and uni have been wasted, but thanks for the compliment :)
)

Last edited:
Very nice shot. Love the colour of the sky. This brings back memories of a field trip to the Isle of Arran about 8 years ago - magical place.

Love the light. I agree that the boat on the right is a distraction. What do you think? - try cropping it out, or not...

Can't add much! Love the composition and tones.

Back