Tour Of Britain - Stage 7 (Farnham)

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought there would be a few more Tour of Britain threads up...... Looks like this is only the 3rd one.

Absolutely unbelievable how fast this was - more so considering we were at the top of a fairly steep hill. Just glad I captured something.

Number three is the pick of the bunch for me Graham - nice and low, looking up at the bunch.

Thanks Andy - I think so too, felt the others captured the event from the build up - to the approach, the passing blur and the disappearing off.

All happened so fast though, very little time to react so I'm happy with these.

Nice shots Graham. (y)

It's good to get in amongst the crowd sometimes, it can be a bit dodgy as some of them lose their minds as the riders come past & start jumping up & down, waving their arms about & generally getting right in the way of us poor snappers :D but on the upside the atmosphere comes across in the pictures as it has with yours.

Only one I'm not keen on is No.5, I find with this type of shot to work you need to be focussed on some sort of reaction or point of interest from the spectators behind with the athletes more speed blurred but otherwise excellent.

Stew.

Thankyou Stew - appreciate your coments.

Regards the crowd behaviour.... this was Surrey you know.... terribly well behaved they are round there... :LOL:

As for #5, not going to pretend it was planned, it was just on my camera when I got home, and fitted well between no's 4 & 6..

Thanks for sharing these! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get out and see the tour but am very much caught up in the cycling buzz going on recently. Can't wait for Le Tour coming to York next year.

Cool - thanks again guys.

Fair play on no 5, I did have that type of shot in mind - but would have probably needed to change lens, and settings (from the previosu shots) to capture it properly, as the whole field was past in about 10 seconds it wasn't really going to happen.

Cheers Nigel, I felt a nice capture of the passing, glad you agree. I still remember the whoosh of air rushing by as I was knelt down beside the road. (y)

Back