New Olympus OM4-Ti for sale

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
There is what is claimed to be an unused Olympus OM4 Ti for sale on ebay.

HERE

Sorry if you are the sole bidder so far.

H'mm member since Oct 9th with no feedback....are you covered by paypal for any loss...............................................

At it's current price a bargain, well worth taking a punt on a new seller.

Its near me, if I was to win it then it would be cash on collection only.

Well I'm watching it as I don't have a Champagne body 4Ti but I'm not bidding.

A near-identical listing involving the same photo was pulled a day or three before this one was listed: I'd had a bid on it that time and EBay pulled the listing and cancelled the bid.

Caveat definitely emptor methinks.

Here is the cancellation message:

"Dear nnnnn,

We're writing to let you know that eBay has ended the following item you were bidding on due to issues relating to the seller's account:

251350655242 - olympus om-4 ti (NEW!) slr camera and extras....

For privacy reasons we can't tell you exactly why we ended the seller's listings.

As eBay removed the item, you are no longer obliged to send payment for it. Please don't send money or respond to any emails from the seller.

If you've sent payment but haven't received the item, please wait a reasonable period of time for delivery. If you don't receive the item, please let us know. You can contact us from any eBay Help page.

***If you've already paid using PayPal***

If you've already paid for the item through eBay and you want to get your money back:

-- You can open a case in our Resolution Centre. You have to wait 7 days from the day you made your payment before you can open a case.
-- To access the Resolution Centre, go to:

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk

-- Under "I bought an item," select "I haven't received it yet."
-- We'll walk you through the process for getting a refund. Because we removed the listing, you won't be able to look up the seller's contact information.

If you've paid for this item but haven't received it, please open a case in the Resolution Centre:
http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

***If you've paid by Western Union or MoneyGram***

If you've paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union: 0800 833 833. Outside the UK, call +353 1 24 97 214 or MoneyGram +800 8971 8971).

-- If you paid by check, contact your bank to stop the payment.
-- If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company to dispute the payment.

For additional information about buying and selling safely on eBay, please visit our Safety Centre by copying the following link into a new browser window:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre

As always, our goal is to keep eBay a safe and reputable place to buy and sell. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

If you've already received the item, please disregard this notice.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
_____________________"

Last edited:
I am thinking selling up all my Nikon gear inc films camera F100,but i would like to have one film camera.
Have seen an OM4-Ti for £160 use one before really like it,does the price seem ok con is average but fully working with 6mth g/tee :)

I am thinking selling up all my Nikon gear inc films camera F100,but i would like to have one film camera.
Have seen an OM4-Ti for £160 use one before really like it,does the price seem ok con is average but fully working with 6mth g/tee :)

I know that the 4Ti was the last OM System body and therefore the nearest to being "modern".
Have a look at the other System bodies here and see what features you really need: I tend to shoot an OM2 most and don't find myself looking for the shadow/spot/highlight features on the 4 - but that's probably because most of the time I don't have them available!:bonk:

http://star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif/bodygroup/bodytable.htm

Make sure they chuck a 50mm 1.8 lens in with that body.:rules:

I know that the 4Ti was the last OM System body and therefore the nearest to being "modern".
Have a look at the other System bodies here and see what features you really need: I tend to shoot an OM2 most and don't find myself looking for the shadow/spot/highlight features on the 4 - but that's probably because most of the time I don't have them available!:bonk:

http://star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif/bodygroup/bodytable.htm

Make sure they chuck a 50mm 1.8 lens in with that body.:rules:

Thanks I have used the OM-4Ti before and remember it being a nice camera to use,it come with an 50mm F1.8 :)

I have an OM4 which is my favourite film SLR, although I've not used the Ti variant. According to the table posted above there seems to be very little difference between them - is that the case, or would an upgrade to the Ti be worthwhile? One annoying fault with my OM4 is that the batteries drain quickly even with the camera not in use, so if that bug was fixed in the Ti it would be almost worth it for that alone!

I tried my luck on a nearly new barely used Nikon FE2 a while ago went for over £150 on flea bay.

I have an OM4 which is my favourite film SLR, although I've not used the Ti variant. According to the table posted above there seems to be very little difference between them - is that the case, or would an upgrade to the Ti be worthwhile? One annoying fault with my OM4 is that the batteries drain quickly even with the camera not in use, so if that bug was fixed in the Ti it would be almost worth it for that alone!

Well I'm not an OM fan but thought I read that setting the camera on "B" works....but what do I know :shrug:

It was a fair while ago since i owned one,but i think the only different was the body was made out of Titanium,and the OM4 did drain the battery quite quickly :)

The last pre Ti 4's got or could be retro-upgraded to the 'Battery-Saver' Ti electronics.
I got one from the US in about 1995....
I was shooting on 'Red' 30 mechanical last Saturday from frame 12 :LOL:
It didn't save MUCH battery!
Worse with short lived non-mercury cells!
Think that may be my last outing with that camera! e-bay beckons.
I have to say while it IS a nice camera, while the batteries last... of he OM series? 10 remains my favorite. Small, simple, dependable, and dirt cheap!
And with a little know-how to apply some compensation to the meter, pretty much can be made to do everything any of the others can, if needed.

That cheapo brand batteries cost very little isn't the issue; I like to travel light with 35mm SLR which means no gear bag with a spare set of batteries. Still, I guess I could tape a couple to the film back.

The last pre Ti 4's got or could be retro-upgraded to the 'Battery-Saver' Ti electronics.

I have to say while it IS a nice camera, while the batteries last... of he OM series? 10 remains my favorite. Small, simple, dependable, and dirt cheap!
And with a little know-how to apply some compensation to the meter, pretty much can be made to do everything any of the others can, if needed.

18 years on one battery? :clap::clap:

Mike.... with all the nice cameras going cheap, a OM10 shouldn't be mentioned, and IMO if mentioning bottom of the barrel cameras, it should at least be the OM20....and I have used both and will agree they did get the exposures correct, but sooo many better camera around for just a few £££s more.

Tis drain batteries just as much as any other OM, especially if you're using LR44s isntead of SR44s. Turning it to B when not in use does work at halting it, using the self timer as mirror lockup aggravates it!

£160 is a good price for a Ti, Keep an eye out for Ts, they tend to go for less and champagne ones are the cheapest, black ones can go for a lot more!

As a camera they are good, they still have the Olympus flimsy feel like the rest of the OMs, but they are incredibly tough and durable. 4Tis have the most advanced manual metering system of any camera ever produced, but it isn't exactly a fast system to use, but then again being a manual focus camera it's hardly aimed at action photography.

I prefer my OM2SP, Spot metering only available in manual mode but it's then full time spot metering, no pressing a button to activate it and it doesn't switch back to center weighted after each exposure like the 4!

4Tis (and 2SPs) are perfectly suited to long exposures and Infra Red, you don't need viewfinder blinds and you don't need to faff around with bulb modes and timers so trump anything Nikon have made there.

Tis drain batteries just as much as any other OM, especially if you're using LR44s isntead of SR44s. Turning it to B when not in use does work at halting it, using the self timer as mirror lockup aggravates it!

£160 is a good price for a Ti, Keep an eye out for Ts, they tend to go for less and champagne ones are the cheapest, black ones can go for a lot more!

Funny isn't it? I suppose champagne ones look knocked about and scuffed whereas black ones acquire a patina and "look like pro gear"

As a camera they are good, they still have the Olympus flimsy feel like the rest of the OMs, but they are incredibly tough and durable. 4Tis have the most advanced manual metering system of any camera ever produced, but it isn't exactly a fast system to use, but then again being a manual focus camera it's hardly aimed at action photography.

I prefer my OM2SP, Spot metering only available in manual mode but it's then full time spot metering, no pressing a button to activate it and it doesn't switch back to center weighted after each exposure like the 4!

4Tis (and 2SPs) are perfectly suited to long exposures and Infra Red, you don't need viewfinder blinds and you don't need to faff around with bulb modes and timers so trump anything Nikon have made there.

Top man!

And when it arrives I'll tell you about the... no, let's wait.:clap:

Funny isn't it? I suppose champagne ones look knocked about and scuffed whereas black ones acquire a patina and "look like pro gear"

Top man!

And when it arrives I'll tell you about the... no, let's wait.:clap:

I've heard people say that the champagne ones coating comes off easily, Mine certainly has a couple of scuffs on the corners from strap lugs, but when it took a tumble in a slate quarry (taking a picture by itself to record the event in the process!) it didn't even get a scratch.

I actually rather like the Champagne finish, but normally I do prefer an all black camera.

I've heard people say that the champagne ones coating comes off easily, Mine certainly has a couple of scuffs on the corners from strap lugs, but when it took a tumble in a slate quarry (taking a picture by itself to record the event in the process!) it didn't even get a scratch.

I actually rather like the Champagne finish, but normally I do prefer an all black camera.

Hmmm. Time for another thread, a poll perhaps: cameras black or silver or :wave::wave: some other colour?

Back