Traveling 6X9

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Right, lets gets some participation up in this Film Fred.

Look, if you had one shot, or one oppertunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Yes folks, its a one shot, do or die medium format single frame traveling shoot out....to the death.
I need 8 volunteers with the bottle or stupidity to shoot one single frame each, of 6x9 colour transparency film.
I've never shot slide film with Clack, but wtheck...eh.

The deal -

1. I send the camera out loaded with film to competitor #1
2. Competitor #1, shoots one frame and ships to competitor #2....blah...blah...blah..
3. Competitor #8, shoots the last frame and ships back to me.
4. I develope, print and scan, competitors sign over their life savings and include an image release.....:LOL:...
5. I post said scans and everybody at tpf laughs at them.
6. I return YOUR neg and YOUR print as a momento of your experience with 6x9 film, good or bad.
I say competitor because, it is a competition for a frame with something on it:p

Minor details -

Don't worry about using the camera, its simple, there are barely any settings, I'll post instructions (probably one line, its that simple) if anybody even signs up.

The camera is ofcourse.......CLACK....*crowd goes wild roar*:banana:

02-agfa-clack.jpg

enrol here....open to all.

oooooh that plastic clacky goodness.

Count me in. :D

Unless I'm disqualified as a clack owner.

ofcourse not, its open to all, your in, with the added pressure of experience:LOL:

If I am in the country at the time, then me too !
If I am in Spain, I would say it might not be worth the risk due to our local postage system not being very good (I had a valuable cable send out to me, airsure, covered to the value of 500quid, and it was left with a woman who was walking down the street. She popped it in to the local bar a few days later, and they gave it to me when I was next in there. I had no hair left by that time...)
Never even heard of a Clack, so expect me to be the one that gets laughed at, meaning all you others can sign up knowing you will not do too badly....
Great idea Joxby !

Sounds a hoot.

Put me down for this. Transparency film seems a bit of a challenge, I can't imagine the exposure will be that accurate !

Never even heard of a Clack, so expect me to be the one that gets laughed at, meaning all you others can sign up knowing you will not do too badly....

Nah, I don't think it pays to think too much with a clack.

It's a plastic box with one button for the single speed shutter and one little lever that moves a metal ring over the lens to give a little aperture or slightly smaller one.

Just think of it as an overgrown disposable. :D

Nah, I don't think it pays to think too much with a clack.

It's a plastic box with one button for the single speed shutter and one little lever that moves a metal ring over the lens to give a little aperture or slightly smaller one.

Just think of it as an overgrown disposable. :D

With that limited control of exposure, isn't that going to be even more of a challenge with transparency film?

Can I be the eighth competitor? :D

These cameras were a mass market product for peeps with little or no experience in photography, they are designed to take usable images with only basic thought and controls, its the kind of thing your mam would take for a weekend in Whitby, infact it was rebranded the Weekender for the daft American market.
Provided it is used in decent light and the right choice between sunny or cloudy, it will make nice pictures.
Thats it...sunny or cloudy....no light meter readings/bracketing/stopping up/down...how can ya get that wrong:LOL:
and even if you do, will it make any difference ?...I doubt it:LOL:again, its just for fun after all.

Provisional -

1. dazzajl
2. john-oh
8. zeroseight

subs bench impact player -

9. steveinspain

subs bench impact player, eh..?
So, just to help out us inexperienced users, what sort of thing does it do well - I assume the lens is pretty soft, shooting with the sun behind you in a fifties style is needed, and nothing needing much depth of field or even shallow DOF. Nothing that moves fast, and maybe nothing too detailed.
Do I need to go to Whitby with this thing if I get off the subs bench ?
Do we get to see any shots you have taken with one (joxby and dazzijl )
And, what is the frame with something on it...?

why is the thought of using this so intimidating, when using my D200 in manual doesnt? hmmmm...i need to stop being such a poof...

...i'll have a bash :)

I assume the lens is pretty soft, shooting with the sun behind you in a fifties style is needed, and nothing needing much depth of field or even shallow DOF. Nothing that moves fast, and maybe nothing too detailed.
Do I need to go to Whitby with this thing if I get off the subs bench ?

You're thinking too much, the lens is fairly sharp in the middle, tapers off a bit to the long ends of 9, my scans are crap though.
Pin sharp and perfectly exposed doesn't describe a Clack neg, nor is it the required standard for a nice photo.
Its relaxed hit and hope photography, where you dont worry about nothing except shooting in the corridor of favourable light.

I made a Clack thread a while ago, it at least shows the angle of view of the Clack 90mm v Bronnie 50mm

why is the thought of using this so intimidating, when using my D200 in manual doesnt? hmmmm...i need to stop being such a poof...

...i'll have a bash :)

Thats the spirit, and exactly the point of this thread.
It shouldn't be intimidating, its an exersize in letting go, no settings...no preview...no nothing....bugger it(y)

Nearly there!!!

Provisional -

1. dazzajl
2. john-oh
3. antihero
4. Grant
5. Sheep
8. zeroseight

subs bench impact player -

9. steveinspain

...although if joxby took frame number one, we'd be even closer!

Right, well, we're ready to get things rolling unless theres another guinea pig sitting in the wings, laying an egg and considering.....

There's room for one more, but we can go without.

Just waiting on a few details from peeps, and then I'll post a provisional start list for approval..

This thing always takes longer than estimated, so as a rough guide I'm guessing 4 days per shooter, thats from reciept to post on,
We all got other stuff we should be doing, life/work/weather/inspiration all that stuffs, so no pressure to shoot and fire it off same day.
proposed -

1. Joxby
2. dazzajl
3. Sheep
4. AndyBorzi
5. John-oh
6. Antihero
7. Grant
8. Zeroseight
9. Home

any problems timing wise, speak now, I expect to post to dazzajl on Tuesday.

I shot my bolt:cautious:

destructions -

Camera contains Provia 400, its probably a little fast but wtheck, our weather is crap.
It shoots 1/30th f/11, cant change that.
There are 3 settings, sunny, cloudy and a close-up (between 1 and 3m)
Sunny setting puts a yellow filter in front of the lens for b/w film, (not usefull for colour film)
I suggest shooting cloudy in decent but not earth shattering brightness, but its up to you, and keep a nice steady hand for 1/30th shutter speed.
Just a guide^ if you want to shoot into the sun or do a long exposure on bulb or wave it about as you shoot or shoot close-up portrait or something/whatever, thats cool, its just for fun.

r2w9jk.jpg

2nqha8g.jpg

Wind-on, the film backing paper has numbers on it that are viewed through a small red window, only the 6x9 numbers will be in view, 6x7 & 6x6 numbers are higher up the film and wont be visible.
You can wind it on, or not, just know your number, I'll be shipping to dazz with number 1 still in the window so he'll wind on to 2 before shooting.

1e9v9l.jpg

aagizq.jpg

11htit2.jpg

Sorry if I just taught everybody to suck eggs:baby:

The camera will be in a leather case, just needs wrapping up, no box needed, its tough as old boots, it'll protect the shutter lever from accidental operation.

Good luck.....its just for a laff:D

It shoots 1/30th f/11

You know that's the one piece of info I couldn't find. Ta. :D

Not that it's worth taking too seriously of course. :LOL:

I s'pose I should let you have my address then....... over to pm machine. ------>>

You know that's the one piece of info I couldn't find. Ta. :D

Not that it's worth taking too seriously of course. :LOL:

I s'pose I should let you have my address then....... over to pm machine. ------>>

They're not all the same, mk1 is f/16 sunny and f/11 cloudy, the mk2 has a yellow filter f/11 instead of f/16......ummm....I'm a geek:geek:

yep, address will be hugely usefull.
I just thought, everyone will need to do the same before they can ship, any problems with availability, post in this thread, theres no panic timescale, it gets done when it gets done y'know.
The last one I did, cam 1 got lost in NewZealand, cam 1 replacement took 13 months to visit 12 peeps:LOL::LOL:

Well thankyou Sir Geek. Looks like I have a Mk I. :D

It looks far too complicated for me. :D

And you've got a full house anyway?

Well, I wasn't going to take a shot, but there were no takers, Steveinspain (impact player) had to get on a plane, in the rain, to Spain......falls mainly on the plain........eh.

:bonk:

LOL. When if anyone drops out - include me in. :D

LOL I'm in baby - even warming to it now. :LOL:

Hey Sheep, little clack is with me and I've not shot the frame yet. Too much thinking and not enough click going on. ;)

If you PM me your address then it'll be off to you very shortly. :)

What bummer, to far away in Oz ? :shrug: i'd love to hava Crack at dat Clack.... :LOL:

Well I do have two clacks sat here, I could always post both off if there are another 8 foo, I mean takers out there.

search saver -

1. Joxby
2. dazzajl
3. Sheep
4. AndyBorzi
5. John-oh
6. Antihero
7. Grant
8. Zeroseight
9. Home

Back