Canon EOS 3D

PapaLazarou

Suspended / Banned
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
3D.jpg

Built from the ground up to represent the new face of digital imaging the EOS 3D will represent a breakthrough in high performance yet affordable photography. Featuring an elegant yet supremely functional design it takes the best of Canon’s previous designs and enhances the experience even further. A high performance AF system featuring 27pt of which 11 are x-type down to f/4 while and the centre point is cross-type to f/5.6 and allows AF down to f/11. The EOS 3D AI servo performance has been significantly improved too, exceeding that of the 1D Mk II.

Also Canon proudly brings ECF to the digital era and is greatly enhanced in performance over that found in the Elan 7NE.

However, the true revolution lies in the heart of the camera. Packing an amazing 13.3MP into an APS-H sized sensor the images are processed by a new DIGIC III engine. The next generation DIGIC III Image Processor builds on the legendary abilities of the digic II with double the processing power necessary to deliver unprecedented levels of resolution, speed and dynamic range. Despite the EOS 3D having smaller pixels than the EOS 5D, the DIGIC III provides even greater DR, more accurate colour rendition improved WB and lower noise. ISO 50 and 3200 are now part of the standard ISO settings and ISO 25 and 6400 are now included as an expanded option. Also it further reduces power consumption allowing class leading battery performance.

Thanks to DIGIC III the Canon 3D also boasts an impressive burst rate of 6fps for 18 shots in RAW and 40 in jpg.

In addition the body adds several sealing gaskets to the all magnesium shell allowing for operation in more extreme environments. A new evaluative algorithm allows more accurate metering in extreme lighting and can even correctly expose subjects like snow. Also a 2.4% spot meter allows for precise metering of any part of the scene. The viewfinder shows an impressive 98% of the scene both horizontally and vertically. Also for the first time Canon will be employing 2.75″ OLED display screen, offering superior resolution, brightness and power consumption to LCD screens and having markedly better performance in bright daylight.

I want one!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dribbling now

want it

Sadly you can't have one. This is completely bogus. The picture is an amalgam of pictures plucked from the dpreview.com site (the body is a hacked up Canon 1Ds MkII and the lens highlights come from the Nikon D200 preview) and this has been circulating for over two years.

it will be interesting to see if that is the final spec.

Personally i think the display screen will be 3'' in line with the rest of the canon range. plus previous speculation on the 400D replacement suggested a 2.7'' screen which as we know ended up as 3''. I'm also not sure the 12 - 13MP is a larger enough jump to temp most users. Although the design shown look great, and could sway lots of buys, just so they have a 1d styled canon.

Yeah guys it's fake, there's always tons of fake images circling the internet. It's odvious that it's fake just by looking at the image:

1) I don't think it will have built in grip like the 1Ds. It will be seperate like the old 5D, it's a semi-professional camera, not professional.
2) 'Eye control' would never be printed on the body, it's a feature, not the name of the model.
3) It's odviously a photoshopped 1Ds when you put them side-by-side:

canon_eos_3da.jpg

I also think that it will be slightly more than 13MP, perhaps 14 or 15. And will also have a 3" LCD for sure. Why would they put a 3" on an entry level 450D and not on a semi-pro 3D / 5D MKII

I do not know what all the excitement is about, its only a cannon after all;)

:nikon:

That 1Ds XXX is so clearly a fake. It doesn't have a Direct Print button.

LOL. I don't see the logic in Canon producing this camera at all. Another 1.3 crop camera with more pixels than the 1DMK3 is surely going to impact sales of the 1DMK3?

If this happens I'll show my arse on the town hall steps.:D

I do not know what all the excitement is about, its only a cannon after all;)

:nikon:

as a canon user, I have to say I agree. :LOL:

At some point canon will bring out some more cameras. They will do more stuff, have more pixies and cost more £'s

They will not make you a better snapper. ;)

I'm going to archive this post.......just in case :D
Not that I want to see CT's arris, or that I have a dislike for Ct's local town hall.....but it might come in handy for keeping the lady folk quiet :LOL:

LOL. I don't see the logic in Canon producing this camera at all. Another 1.3 crop camera with more pixels than the 1DMK3 is surely going to impact sales of the 1DMK3?

Im going to badger every contact I have at Canon. Pull some strings :D

Good job I'm sleeping with all the secretaries....I've got some great pull over there....get moisturising, sweet cheeks!

Not everything Canon did in the last year or so made sense, did it.

BUT, if this happens, I will fly over to the U.K. to take piccies of a bare bottom on town hall steps:LOL::LOL::LOL:

OK, I am now seriously worried about the amount of excitement that CT's arse has caused amongst you GUYS :eek::eek:
:LOL:

LOL. I'm in no danger whatsoever, but I never said which town hall.:LOL:

Oh didn't see the bit about a 1.3 sensor...LOL...nope, there's no possible reason for Canon bringing out another cropped sensor.

Oh didn't see the bit about a 1.3 sensor...LOL...nope, there's no possible reason for Canon bringing out another cropped sensor.

Are you really sure you'd like to stick to that statment in light of this one you made on the 450D:LOL:;)

12MP - nope. Possibly have a DIGIC III but it will definatly NOT be 12MP.

sorry;)

A pretty safe bet, since this was written after a few people had already pointed out that the picture was a fake.

But the amount of interest it drew was definitely disturbing, fake or not.

Why not? Its printed on my EOS 3..

Seems like something Canon have never done with their DSLRs (putting individual features on the actuall body).

It's not like you see live view printed on any Canon DSLR bodies is it?

LOL. I'm in no danger whatsoever, but I never said which town hall.:LOL:

Ah, but someone on here will know where you live:D

Back