Woodpeckers.

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
I was`nt going too post these as they are not the best.

But, I live in an East Lancashire mill town, these are building a nest within a 10 minute walk from me, its out there, you just need to look.

Young will be in there soon and i`ll try and grab them on "film" without disturbing them.

Pied_Woodpecker013.jpg

Pied_Woodpecker047.jpg

Pied_Woodpecker_7_LS.jpg

Pied_Woodpecker010.jpg

Blimey I'd be chuffed with these just as proof I'd seen one :D

They look very good to me - 2 and 3 especially with the black/white/red of the woodpecker against the almost monotone tree and background!

And to think I was happy with my noisy Goldfinch :LOL::bang:

Nice shots...woodpeckers are always fun. These are nice with the tree as a backdrop.

There's nowt wrong with those shots. All mine are on my feeder. I would love to catch em on a natural background like you have.

I've never seen a woodpecker and probably not likely to living smack bang in the middle of suburbia.
These are great shots fracster. Glad you posted them (y)

Ive only ever seen a green woody. I'd be really pleased to have them somewhere near me. However I'd be itching to get a longer lens, so perhaps its better not.

I like all these shots, the only woodpeckers i have seen are on bird tables and bird tables don't work the same as being in there natural habitat.

Nice work..............Paul

Lovely set of shots :) These arent on the private estate you got your stoats from are they??

Lovely set of shots :) These arent on the private estate you got your stoats from are they??

No mate, these are in a clough near the local Tech college......(y)

I hear them all the time at local park - must try and spot them!

Great shots, would be nice from the side so the feet were visible too.

I`ll try a different angle next time I go......(y)

I hear woodpecker's all the time at our local \crematorium but never have been able to sight one. Well done, loving the pictures

would be nice from the side so the feet were visible too.

Yes I like to see a pecker from the side!

Whaaaaaat?????? :exit:

I was just agreeing that woodpeckers look best photographed against the tree from the side. :D

Different angle

Pied_Woodpecker056.jpg

Pied_Woodpecker065.jpg

And away we go.

Pied_Woodpecker052.jpg

I`m leaving them alone for a couple of weeks now.....(y)

Great side shots, fracster. That first one is really dynamic, with the bird's head turned to look over his shoulder. And the one in flight...nice capture.

I love the first one from the second lot

The farmer has done loads of fencing very near to the nest and I thought they had done one. I`m pleased to say that they are still there and have young.....(y)

Pied_Woodpeckers016.jpg

Pied_Woodpeckers012.jpg

Pied_Woodpeckers014.jpg

Pied_Woodpeckers011.jpg

Pied_Woodpeckers010.jpg

Again, not the best of shots, but they have been disturbed enough recently.

Last edited:
Very good. No 2 of the first set. It is good that you are showing them actually going about there business.(y)
I was sitting at my mill this morning & had one of these hopping about the door. Also got a wee Wren building a nest just above the cross cut saw. Trying not to use it at the moment:)

We have had one these in our garden today on the newly installed feeder - Its the first time I've ever seen one in the garden . Nice series of shots.

Great shots! How exciting that they have babies in that tree! :love: Can't wait to see them too (if you get a chance to shoot those too!(y))

Great shots! How exciting that they have babies in that tree! :love: Can't wait to see them too (if you get a chance to shoot those too!(y))

The chicks should be ready for flying the nest in a week or so, i`ll try and get some photos of them, they tend to stick thier heads out and scream for food.

I`ll update if I get any......(y)

Back