Windsor Great Park

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Eager to try out my new Tamron 17-35 and since I'm off this week to do some togging I decided to take a trip to Windsor Great Park. Here are a few of the results...

Windsor Castle - and "The Long Walk"

_D305181.jpg

Then the Copper Horse standing guard at the end of the walk.

_D305259.jpg

And a more arty view of the horse

_D305124.jpg

And the "Cascade" at Virgina Water

_D305381.jpg

And... Well not sure what these are for :D

_D305425.jpg

C&C welcome as always :)

Pete

I like these Pete, and the arty shot of the horse is really good.

Gary :)

Yep, arty horse shot is the best. The light didn't do you too many favours with the Virgina Waters shots, although the waterfall looks good. Good composition on the first one too, would have been striking with a departing thunderstorm as a backdrop, given the weather week it's been! Looks like it's a good lens, and competitively priced, as I recall?

Yeah the light wasn't great at Virginia Waters, just too flat even when the sun was out a bit. TBH I was slightly disappointed with it. Although it makes a great place to shoot wildlife, it didn't really do anything landscape wise for me. But TBH I'm a really bad landscape tog so it's probably more me than the place. :)

Oh and yes the lens is nicely priced. I picked it up for just a tad over £200 in the clearout from digital cameras. It's a tiny bit soft, but then it is ultra wide on a FF camera :D

I wouldn't say you were a bad landscape tog, from your website! I've never tried Virginia Water for landscapes, so will have to give that a go. Windlesham Arboretum is supposed to be pretty good too.

Nice of you to say, I just don't rate my landscape stuff that highly. I try and push myself more to do it and improve though :) I'll put Windlesham in the list to visit, looks interesting.

I only wandered around 1/3rd of the lake, so there is probably a stunning scene I missed. But it was just about to really throw it down with rain ( it was almost dark and showed no signs of brightening up and the parking meter was ticking ) so I packed up.

I discovered though that there's loads of places to park for free in the area, so I'll probably go back soon. I'll be taking the longer lenses to try and capture the greebs and herons next time :)

Pete

Some good stuff there Pete.

Couple of questions if you don't mind....

Where were you standing to take that shot of "The Long Walk", I can't recollect that view at all....

And, where abouts in Virginia Water is that cascade ?

I'm not that far from either venue and my Mrs wants to do some "waterfall" shots.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I think for that one I was either stood at the very end of the walk or up the hill at the end of it. That was taken with my 80-200mm.

I've got a map of Virginia Waters on my machine but can't find it on the web again. But basically if you park in the main carpark on the A30, and then walk round the path to your left as you get to the lake you'll walk right past it.

Pete

I love 3 - it's really engaging, grabbed me immediately! Do you know who's on the horse?

Hi Steve,

I think for that one I was either stood at the very end of the walk or up the hill at the end of it. That was taken with my 80-200mm.

I've got a map of Virginia Waters on my machine but can't find it on the web again. But basically if you park in the main carpark on the A30, and then walk round the path to your left as you get to the lake you'll walk right past it.

Pete

(y) Cheers Pete...

Guess where I'll be tomorrow then :shrug: :D

Steve

The 'Cascade' does it for me.

Nice shot:clap:

(y) Cheers Pete...

Guess where I'll be tomorrow then :shrug: :D

Steve

If you're gonna do the long walk then drive to bishopsgate bottom right on here bishopsgate

There's free parking there and it's not a mammoth trek to get to the spot I was at.

Oh and the Cascade is just where the foot bridge is on here ( markd FB )

cascade

Pete

Back