NW200Pics3.jpg

NW200Pics4.jpg

NW200Pics5.jpg

NW200Pics6.jpg

NW200Pics7.jpg

NW200Pics8.jpg

NW200Pics9.jpg

NW200Pics10.jpg

Thanks for the reply Matt. Unfortunately the view was restricted by that bloody fence :( So I moved for the next lot of shots.

Could you explain to me what 'noise' is and how to reduce it, thanks.

Could you explain to me what 'noise' is and how to reduce it, thanks.

Have a look at this

http://www.photoxels.com/tutorial_noise.html

(no doubt at least two thirds of this forum will now start telling you that article is wrong and how there is a spelling mistake in the second paragraph or something - just treat this as a basic overview)

Although I'm not quite sure if that is noise in your pics and if it is, where it has come from -the exif shows use of ISO200 - I don't know the Pentax K100, but I would have thought it could have produced a sharp image at ISO200?

Thanks for the help desantnik. Almost all of the above images are cropped to get rid of a lot of unwanted background and foreground stuff and I did run them through CS2 to tidy it up a little (but I am new to CS2 and photography as well). Could that have caused 'noise'?

A crop in CS2 shouldn't add noise, as long as you didn't resize up (ie make what you had left from the crop bigger) you shouldn't have done anything too wrong.

I've just had a few goes at tweaking them up in photoshop and can't seem to improve on them :(

Back