Eeeeee! :D Excitement!

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
So I'm going to New York in October, and I was looking for a new walkabout lens, because the 10-20 can be too wide at times, and the 18-55 just doesn't cut it IQ wise.

I was namely looking at a Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8, and the cheapest I had found it was £220, imported from hong kong by onestop digital.
So, "I'll save my pennies I think" was the attitude I took, intending on getting it around september time.

I also looked at the Sigma 24-60mm f/2.8 but I thought that the macro features and 10mm extra length were worth the extra £30 for the lens (the Sigma 24-60 being around £185).

So, at Jessops (where I work) I was having a look on our stock database, and decided to see how much we were selling the Sigma 24-60mm at.
I have a look, £49.97! Bloody hell, I thought.

Turns out its discontinued. Couldn't believe it.
Thought I'd enquire to see if anywhere has it in stock.
The main warehouse don't, so its not looking hopeful.
And sure enough! Somewhere has it in stock!
Oh my lord!

Set up a transfer to my store, and it should be here by friday :D

So, by friday, I'll be the proud owner of a brand new Sigma 24-60mm f/2.8 EX DG canon fit lens, for the gobsmackingly bargain price of £50 :D
(and thats not even taking into account the staff discount I get :D)

omgosh, you lucky lucky thing:
firstly for going to NYC (you will have a wondeful time, its awesome place)
secondly: how much is that lens?!?!?! Lucky :)
x

I know! I'm so excited about NYC. I've been told its an amazing place by my Dad (who went on 'business' :thinking:) and my mate.
Plus having seen the potential for photography out there, I'm hoping to fill up all three of my 2gb cards, if not more!

And I know! £50!
I couldn't believe it.
I'm just hoping there's nothing wrong with it, and that its a good copy :(

Foodpoison, if you can get hold of another, I will happily buy it from you...let me know!

New York is amazing, totally amazing, I recently went there and am aching to go back already.

One word of advice, spend some time walking about - it's too easy to use the Subway and miss some amazing sites by strolling about.

I had to buy new shoes whilst I was out there, I wore mine out.

Cheers,
James

they got any more??

you cold always use the 7 day returns

Blinking flip what a good deal. Nice one.

i'd also take a lens if you can get hold of another.

Unfortunately, the last one in the company was the one I got hold of.
If you have any other queries about discontinued lenses, I'd be happy to help! Send us a message.

Yeah I intend on doing plenty of shopping, plenty of walking, and plenty of sightseeing/shooting.

I know I'm going to be stuck for what kit to take though :(

I want to get a bunch of high ISO b+w film, but do I get self development or C41?
I want to take my film slr but is it going to be worth it?
I want to take all my lenses in case there is the opportunity to capture something that I could only get with a certain lens.

If only they did a digital SLR body that doubled up as a film SLR body, and an f/1.2 5-400mm IS lens to match, all weighing up to around 1.5kg :)

Unfortunately, the last one in the company was the one I got hold of.
If you have any other queries about discontinued lenses, I'd be happy to help! Send us a message.

Have to say, im surprised you dont spend the next couple of shifts at work checking out what kit is about!!

make sure you drop a pm to me first bout any deals you find(y)

Back