EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Fuji S5 - Check this out
2517564374_f3d8b94058.jpg

Guy on Flickr claimes the only raw edit is an exposure reduction of 4 stops. Any shot of mines which had been as badly blown as the shot above would be lost forever,

Must be an awsome camera...me like :)

Gary.

Its fantastic, as far as all that sort of things go.
But its really slow, and really is designed to be used for weddings and landscapes.
The great thing is that it can be used with the Nikon mount, so its the perfect companion for a D300 body.

Its fantastic, as far as all that sort of things go.
But its really slow, and really is designed to be used for weddings and landscapes.
The great thing is that it can be used with the Nikon mount, so its the perfect companion for a D300 body.

Me and Darren (Edmond22 here) are trying to get into weddings, offering a free service for those who have NO WAY OF PAYING for a pro...we want to make a proper go of it, and I never said but one of the reasons I justified the D3 purchase.

This however also looks like a cool bit of kit, looks like it could in theory get you out a lot of trouble if you bugger your shots.

Do nikon mounts drop image quality? What about things like auto focus etc...

Gary.

Nope, the Fuji is designed for the Nikon mount lenses.
The Nikon lens simply goes in the same way it does with a Nikon body.
Sorry, I didn't make that clear! :bonk:

Wow awsome, obviously, FX lenses will not be of use...?

Gary.

Thats pretty good!

You should buy one Gary.... or better still, I'll buy you one and swap for the D3 :LOL:

No worries, but before I put a deposit down, I really should grab some divorce papers!!!

The D3 was hard enough, if I even remotely mention the words NEW and CAMERA in the same sentance, I will be slaughtered.

Gary! :)

I really want whatever fuji offer up next... assuming it'll come with a D300 body and loads of extra tech... personally I think the Fuji S5 pro is a fantastic camera and the use of pixels for exposure rather than resolution is a cracking idea.

I really want whatever fuji offer up next... assuming it'll come with a D300 body and loads of extra tech... personally I think the Fuji S5 pro is a fantastic camera and the use of pixels for exposure rather than resolution is a cracking idea.

Hi,

Can you go into more detail? I don't get it :) What do you mean with regards to pixels and exposure...I presume it works differently from the norm?

Gary.

As I understand it (and I'm usually wrong about these things...) half the pixels are more sensitive than the others, so they expose differently and get a wider exposure range... In some ways it's a bit like HDR but the disadvantage is loss of resolution (as the more sensitive pixels get blown out more quickly) and this is why you'll see some people arguing against it.

Personally, I think resolution is less important than exposure so I'm a fan and would love one but ended up going with a D300 instead as its newer tech and has been received so well by most people. If there were a Fuji S6 Pro to buy however..? Well, that would have really put a spanner in the works for me!

Here, check this out --> http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/d-slr-long-zoom/finepix-s5-pro/Features interesting stuff and I love Fuji for pioneering stuff like this. Photo's of Polar bears playing in the snow, black cats in a lowly lit room, and of course fantastic wedding portraits are possible thanks to this sort of stuff. :)

Wow awsome, obviously, FX lenses will not be of use...?

I expect they (non-DX lenses) will, just like they fit on the D200 and the like. After all, the S5 is a D200 with a different chip fitted.

Was actually the camera I wanted when I went digital but the D200 just had the edge for larger prints and frames-per-second.

Very interesting camera indeed...

Back