Bulbs, £1.99 Asda Lamps, and Baz's Home Studio!

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
I know a lot of people have been impressed with Baz's 'home studio' setup for taking still life stuff. Whilst I haven't built one of his (I have a cheapo eBay light tent I use), one of the biggest problems has been lighting. £1.99 Asda table lamps are fine, but the white balance is blinking awful and getting enough light on the subject is difficult and often results in long exposures.

So I bought myself a couple of these puppies (the bulb) and stuck em in my lamps!

bulb.jpg

BLINDING! :eek:

50W Daylight bulbs, with a standard large screw thread!

What a difference. The shot below was on auto white balance. No colour correction in photoshop, just a little crop, sharpen, and paint out the corners as the background didn't come out completely white all over.

What d'ya think?

Click for a larger version.

Last edited:
I like it. Beautifully clear and sharp. Lovely and simple. Your daylight bulb worked a treat (y)

Think I'm off to the shops later to get some :)

That works a treat m8 ... (y) ... very innovative and has the added benefit of providing a not un-attractive 'sculpture' from your boring old light fitting when not in use ... :D

:p

Spot on :)

Where did ya get em from? (The bulbs)

Where did ya get em from? (The bulbs)

Got em from this dude who also sells on eBay.

Available in three 'strengths'. I went for the strongest 50W ones, the theory being if I melted a lamp, they are only cheapo Asda ones. :)

HTH

Back