Leutasch Gorge - Austria

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
We took the long way to get there and had already walked 9 miles before reaching the gorge. Feelings of tiredness soon left us though as it was so amazing.

The walkways through the gorge have been built in the last few years and the views are spectacular. This part was all free. If I remember rightly the walkways never get below 15m from the bottom of the gorge, this is due to the amount of water going down there in the snow melt.

Austria_2008_084.jpg

Austria_2008_112.jpg

Austria_2008_130.jpg

The following sections were all on the way back up the gorge to the waterfall. There was a small charge for this but it was well worth it. We even fed the huge trout, well I think they were trout. This sections is closed fairly regularly due to the walkways being so much closer to the river. Also by this point you have crossed the border into Germany.

Austria_2008_151.jpg

Austria_2008_155.jpg

Austria_2008_158.jpg

7. Finally the waterfall. Didn't spend too long here it was difficult trying to keep the camera dry and it isn't waterproof. At the top of the waterfall you can see the bridge featured earlier in this set as you look back up towards it.

Austria_2008_170.jpg

Andrea

Last edited:
Great set. I prefer #6 with the waterfall in the backgound setting off the walkway which you have captured very well.

fantastic view. Also like #6, the bridge is leading trough the distance

Hopefully, we are passing through Austria on hols this year, may well take this place in.It looks lovely.

#5 is only bettered by #6, love the walkway especially in #6.The tiny bit of blown sky in 5 is the only criticism I have of either photo.

Thanks all.

It was actually vey difficult to expose down in the gorge with it being so bright outside but so dark down the channels.

Fracster, it really is worth a visit. Mittenwald (Just over the German border) the place at the end of the walk or begining whichever way you do it is also worth a visit. The town itself is just beautiful, all the buildings are painted. Also the cable car from there is fun!! The tunnel through the mountain at the top of the cable car is something I'd not come across before and the views when you come out the other end are spectacular.

Andrea

Thanks all.

It was actually vey difficult to expose down in the gorge with it being so bright outside but so dark down the channels.

Fracster, it really is worth a visit. Mittenwald (Just over the German border) the place at the end of the walk or begining whichever way you do it is also worth a visit. The town itself is just beautiful, all the buildings are painted. Also the cable car from there is fun!! The tunnel through the mountain at the top of the cable car is something I'd not come across before and the views when you come out the other end are spectacular.

Andrea

Did a google on it, deffo stopping there on the way down to Croatia. Thanks for the info...........(y)

Very beautiful, I like all of 4-6. You might try a contrast mask on 4 and 5 to bring out the shadow detail a bit.

Isnt that at the bottom of the Neuswanstein castle? (y)

Jamougha - Thanks but not sure how to do that?

Agger - There is a gorge there but not this one. I went there too!! Got some nice photos but spoiled a little by scaffolding on the cliff face just below the castle. Plus you can't get the view you see plastered everywhere on jigsaws etc.
Might put a couple of pics on when I get chance.

Ah, many thanks for the reply, I remember when I was in the Army we used to holiday in Austria nearly all the time, did the Mittenwald, Innsbruck area extensivly, love the place, would happily settle there, it's my favourite European country, so clean and the people are very friendly, I remember we went to the Hannenkahm sp:shrug: where they do the downhill sking, I'd seen the ski jumps but the downhill is absolutely mind blowing, you just can't believe they ski down that (y)

Agger - There is a gorge there but not this one. I went there too!! Got some nice photos but spoiled a little by scaffolding on the cliff face just below the castle. Plus you can't get the view you see plastered everywhere on jigsaws etc.

Back