Carolyn Grace and her Spitfire

Dino f

Wiiiiilmmmaaaaaaaa
Name
Dean Feltimo
Edit My Images
Yes
Was honoured to have Carolyn Grace and her Spitfire in residence today. Grabbed a few portraits before she left.
First off, the lovely Carolyn
caroline-grace.jpg

Next, my tribute to the machine itself.
grace.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look.
Dean :)

Last edited:
Wonderful opportunity and great shots, both of them!

2nd image a cracker, lovely tones and sky. Would be good if the little red object on the RH side was cloned out.

how random to come across this thread, was just Googling Grace Spitfire and saw this thread pop up in the results on TP!

she 'practices' of the coast at Felixstowe seafront and was doing so in today in the glorious sunshine :)

would have gone out there and snapped but the Sky man is here mending our dish!

2nd shot is stunning! What did you expose off of? What post processing did you do? I love it - the clouds makes it. I can see the plane flying off up and over the clouds to take on the enemy!

The second is okish...........but the lightening process has made the rear of the Spitfire horrible (look at the rudder) it looks like someone has flash sprayed black paint all over the back, and secondly the horizon is way out, but yes the sky is nice, I take it, it was an underexposed shot and had a lot of fill light in PS, So really the first pic wins it for me

Last edited:
I love the second image - "Storm clouds over Europe" - maybe? The shape of the tailplane and eliptical wing are caught perfectly.

Nice images, great portrait in the first.

I do find the sky, as nice as it is, a bit distracting from the aircraft itself. But, nice all the same.

Good work.

Absolutely stunning photos, loving the second shot it's just soo well taken and processed

WOW! Blast from the past!!!!!
Thanks for the comments guys.
The second picture was actually one of my first ever attempts at HDR:LOL:
It was great to see Carolyn though.
Dean:)

Back