Nudge, nudge ...

Edit My Images
Yes
... ;), ;), Alison.

What were we talking about last night? What did I have to do today, as a result?

Something about stand alone portable hard discs for taking on holiday, rather than lugging a lap top. Did you find out what the product was?

Now Russell,

I think she may have meant something along these lines.

http://www.thedigitalcamerashop.co.uk/search.php?st=category|Storage Devices

I've been consdiering getting one but they're a bit expensive for my tastes, although Adorama in the US are about half the price even with postage???

Andy

Thanks for the link. I get the idea and think it a good 'un. Now to start investigating a slightly less expensive version. Off to Amazon - can I advertise on here.

I use one of these Russell

Nexto Portable Hard Drives

There around £100 ish, they sell them through Amazon uk too.

I've had mine for just under a year and it's saved my skin a million times, you do have to buy a laptop hard drive to go with it, which these days you can probably find a good one for about £35 to £50.
I recommend seagate, bare in mind that Fuji dirves sometimes won't be compatible.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask mate (y) Good luck!

I use one of these Russell

Nexto Portable Hard Drives

There around £100 ish, they sell them through Amazon uk too.

I've had mine for just under a year and it's saved my skin a million times, you do have to buy a laptop hard drive to go with it, which these days you can probably find a good one for about £35 to £50.
I recommend seagate, bare in mind that Fuji dirves sometimes won't be compatible.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask mate (y) Good luck!

Thanks for the link, I've had a look and I'll be off to my favourite shop Amazon to do some retail therapy.

Consider me nudged Russell! :wave:

It was the Nexto that I was thinking about. If you click on the image of the device then scroll to the bottom of the page and select the make then model of your camera it will tell you whether it's compatible.

It seems to make so much more sense at this price than lugging a laptop around when travelling. Just off to look at Amazon and see what sort of deal they're offering!

Consider me nudged Russell! :wave:

It was the Nexto that I was thinking about. If you click on the image of the device then scroll to the bottom of the page and select the make then model of your camera it will tell you whether it's compatible.

It seems to make so much more sense at this price than lugging a laptop around when travelling. Just off to look at Amazon and see what sort of deal they're offering!

Thanks for the reply. I had a look and my camera was not listed, but all the other Sony W series are, so I think it's a case of not updating their site to include the newer models. I've got that Amazon urge, but can I get in and out with out some DVDs ambushing me?

I'm a tad confused here, Nexto's have CF inputs, the make and model of your camera shouldn't make a difference provided it takes a CF card.
Maybe I'm missin something Gentlemen? Do tell.

All the best

T.

I'm a tad confused here, Nexto's have CF inputs, the make and model of your camera shouldn't make a difference provided it takes a CF card.
Maybe I'm missin something Gentlemen? Do tell.

All the best

T.

I followed Alison's instructions and got to a long list of Sony cameras that did not use CF (assuming this means Compact Flash) but were compatible with the latest Nexto. If I'm missing something, and there's always a strong chance of that, then have a go at what Alison suggested and see if it makes sense to you.

I followed Alison's instructions and got to a long list of Sony cameras that did not use CF (assuming this means Compact Flash) but were compatible with the latest Nexto. If I'm missing something, and there's always a strong chance of that, then have a go at what Alison suggested and see if it makes sense to you.

A ha, now I get the jist!

It was the Nexto that I was thinking about. It seems to make so much more sense at this price than lugging a laptop around when travelling. Just off to look at Amazon and see what sort of deal they're offering!

Thanks for the information, one is on its way from Amazon.

Back