A hoverfly first

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
only this time it's flying. Persistence has paid off, and I finally managed to get it all to come together, lighting, camera settings ... phew...

1/250 sec f5.6 ISO400 @250mm (55-250 lens)
IMG_2546.jpg

Thanks for looking C&C welcome.

I like that, it almost looks like a little nose and smile on the front of his face.

Is that the whole frame? Not that it matters but it would be quite something if you'd placed him just there, where he looks great.

Thanks very much. It's not the whole frame, it's about 50% of it. the rest is much the same as the background there, but he's pretty close to the centre of the whole frame. It was hard enough getting a useable shot, so I'd have settled for tucked into a corner if it came to it.

I'd have settled for tucked into a corner if it came to it.

me too for sure. as you say it's tough enough getting the little so and so's in the frame at all but if you'd have popped him in at that spot, well it would have required some serious :notworthy::notworthy:

great capture, I've been trying for ages to get one in flight :bang: still you've proved it can be done so I'll have to keep on trying

Well caught(y)(y)(y)

I really like this, along with your other shots with this lens. Well Done!

It looks so bright, whereas mine look far darker. Have you lightened in PS or were you just taking the pic in great light?

Just had a think about it:bonk::bonk:. It's not well caught, it's brilliantly caught. Superb(y)(y)

Thanks all, Good Luck Alxxx. Swag, he was in direct bright sunshine, the light was about spot on. All I did was, crop, sharpen and recover a little to whatever that does in the RAW process, then USM.

Nice capture - I've just spent an hour with these critters and do they move! You did really well there John!

Great capture:clap: I have been trying to get a shot like this for ages and had one I thought worthy of posting until I saw this, so it's back to the drawing board for me:bang:
Was this a chance capture or did you set up in a known spot? Can you share exif data if possible.....Mick

Thanks all. Mick, I know where they hang out, under the tree in my garden. I've been trying to catch this for quite a few days, trying all sorts of different things. Today, it all fell together the right way with the sun shining directly on the thing and me in the right place to get the shot. the exif is above the image but it's

1/250 sec f5.6 ISO400 @250mm (55-250 lens)

Crikey that's hard to catch, well done, standards are being set tonight.(y)

Thanks Toonamp.

Thanks CM and Alby

Back