Order Total
Includes VAT and delivery charges £174.97

or

WAREHOUSE EXPRESS
Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II Lens £67.99
Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 Macro DG Lens - Canon Fit £97.95
Delivery*: £7.95
Total: £173.89

which 70/75-300 lens would be better? the canon one or the sigma? (id of thought canon as the camera is canon)

and has anyone use either of these websites before? or recommend me any cheaper websites.

cheers matt
(appologies if this is the wrong section still very new to the site)

Hello, i have used Camera Box myself, good service and price IMHO. Have you thought about the 55-250 IS ? It`s a bit more cash but, it has good reviews and good IQ, maybe a better choice in the long run, regards Damian. :)

I would avoid either, if you want a cheap zoom in the 70-300 range spend a little more and get the Sigma 70-300 Macro APO (APO version is much better than the above)

If you can live with a lens that is a bit shorter can I point you in the direction of a second hand Canon 70-210mm either the F4 (Slow Auto Focus not USM) or the F3.5-4.5 faster focus (USM) but not the constant aperature. The first can be had for around £80 the second for around £100 and both will produce better pictures than the other lenses you've mentioned and will be a stop faster at 200mm.

I think the best budget 70 - 300 lens is the sigma APO DG which has a price of £155 at WE, this is far better lens than the non APO version, I am sure a bit of web serching will find a better price.

DJC013 do you mean this lens? http://www.camerabox.co.uk/productDA1.asp?ProductName=Canon-EF-S-55-250mm-f4-5.6-IS&ProductID=4517

and appologies for not know anything about them lol.

i have a budget of £200 for a lens so if anyone could tell me the best one i can get for that price (new and not second hand). i would of ideally of liked the 50mm lens aswell but i suppose that could wait.

and Graham did you mean this one?
http://www.camerabox.co.uk/productD...f4-5.6-APO-DG-Lens-(Canon-Fit)&ProductID=5059

Matt,

The second is the one I ment and The first is the one that DJC013 was recommending. :)

DJC013 do you mean this lens? http://www.camerabox.co.uk/productDA1.asp?ProductName=Canon-EF-S-55-250mm-f4-5.6-IS&ProductID=4517

and appologies for not know anything about them lol.

i have a budget of £200 for a lens so if anyone could tell me the best one i can get for that price (new and not second hand). i would of ideally of liked the 50mm lens aswell but i suppose that could wait.

and Graham did you mean this one?
http://www.camerabox.co.uk/productD...f4-5.6-APO-DG-Lens-(Canon-Fit)&ProductID=5059

Hello, yes that is the one, i got my 55-250 and my 50 from CameraBox. If you can wait for the 50, the 55-250 is a good lens for the price, great VFM, hope this helps, regards Damian. :)

ive got the Canon EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III Lens ...only problem i have is that on full zoom it makes the camera unbalanced. ( but im quite shaky :( ) when used with a tripod its fine .

the price you quote is cheap.....i got mine from jacobs in liverpool and paid £169 , but i wanted to try a few out in the price range before i chose one..and that one seemed the best in my budget

has anyone mentioned kerso for the 50mm. and you will be ill after visiting jessops,:LOL:

try sigma<<<the link is for a nikon you wanted canon + 50mm £55 + p.p thats has to be cheaper.

regards mark

If you want something half decent in that focal range, I'd plonk for the Canon 70-300 IS. Cracking piece of kit for the money... the results I get continue to surprise people that its only one of those I am using...

I'd avoid the old Canon 75-300 USM MkIII, it CA's all over the place. Nasty glass!

I bought the 75-300mm USM Canon lens, but after 200mm the sharpness falls off quite a lot - however up to there it's quite good.
I now have the 70-300mm IS USM and that is extremely good(albeit over 3X the price).
I personally would buy the best you can afford, but as a cheap lens up to 200mm then the 75-300mm is quite good.
But make sure you are buying the USM version, as there is also a manual focus version for a bit less.
I did try a Sigma lens but ended up exchanging it for the Canon lens even though it was a lot more.

Back