Dahlia (some pretty flowers)

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
All taken at Harrogate Flow Show on Saturday, inside with flash.

If the shots are too small, or your eyesight failing, you can click to view Biggr on Flickr!

Comments and critique not only welcomed, but encouraged! :D

#4 is my favourite, great shape and colours. I like all the rest as well, #1 and #2 seem a little dark to me. Given that I have given up clicking on links to review images, I'll rely on what the eyes of a grumpy old man can see. Good to know that flower shows allow you to take pictures of the exhibits, I might go to some now I know that.

Thanks for comments Russell. Re darkness, the idea was bright blooms against dark backgrounds, but it might be a bit much.

Only 23 viewings... I must work at writing some better thread titles!

Good shots Lee. There's some really good colours there. I think 2 is maybe just a little dark.

Thanks for comments Russell. Re darkness, the idea was bright blooms against dark backgrounds, but it might be a bit much.

Only 23 viewings... I must work at writing some better thread titles!

8 hours without a comment is too long for images as good as these. I'd have bumped you if your reply hadn't provoked some more replies. Take a lesson from the Harvard Business Review, most of the articles are uninspiring but the titles are great. My recent experience leads me to believe that 2 words that do provoke some replies are either "street" or "candids". Given this was a flower show and not in the street, I suggest a title like "Candids - Dahlia shows all". ;)

Good shots Lee. There's some really good colours there. I think 2 is maybe just a little dark.

Thanks John. Looking at #2 again, you could be right there. It was difficult, as I didn't want the yellow to wash out too much.

really like #4 , love the setting of the fern leaves in the shot. all are really good pics ... what lens where u using ?

Thanks Phil, #4 is my fave too. It was hard to find a lone bloom that could be singled out amongst the displays. The lens was Sigma 24-70 f/2.8

8 hours without a comment is too long for images as good as these.

Gosh, you'll have me blushing.

Back