Nikon D3X - due december....

Edit My Images
Yes
Went to dinner with Nikon this week.

The Nikon D3X is due in December 08.

24mp beasty type thing. Using the same Chipset as the Sony Alpha 900 with some revision, name change. Stands to reason as they have been badge engineering processors for some time.

Could and should be interesting for those who want more MP.

Diego.:)

not really a surprise, a previous D3 firmware revision let this model slip several months ago.

Price is going to be a key factor, with the Canon 5D MKII and the Sony A900 being very interesting at under £2k.

Nikon likes to charge more..but I think anymore than £2999 will be a tough sell...

Waits for Gary:)

not really a surprise, a previous D3 firmware revision let this model slip several months ago.

Price is going to be a key factor, with the Canon 5D MKII and the Sony A900 being very interesting at under £2k.

Nikon likes to charge more..but I think anymore than £2999 will be a tough sell...

Based on the fact that a D3x will be going up against the 1Ds not the 5DMk11 I think the price will be double what you're suggesting there.

And what makes this info more reliable than the last time http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=61929 hehe

Based on the fact that a D3x will be going up against the 1Ds not the 5DMk11 I think the price will be double what you're suggesting there

Have to agree with this, nearly double the MP plus whatever other features it has maybe faster AF, it would be hard to beat the ISO of the D3 but if they do WOW.

Could you please elaborate on this :thinking:

Sure, a firmware revision for the D3 contained a few unsupported image modes, ie 6048x4032 which is about 24 megapixels.

Nikon pulled the firmware a few days later.

So its logical to assume the D3X is going to be very similiar to a D3, sensor apart.

Well, that will be interesting, a proper competitor to the quite frankly awesome 1DS.

Should be good, but pricing will be the key to victory...

Waits for Gary:)

stunned this not been found by gary yet......... :LOL:oh maybe he is busy putting a deposit down for it now in Calumet edinburgh. :nuts:

Michael

OK seriously though, is this not a "studio camera"? Rumours a while back pointed at a much higher megapixel rate at the cost of a lot of other things such as FPS.

Can anyone elaborate????

I also heard it will cost £5K +

Gary.

Well, even if its 4.5k like the 1DS is, thats serious pro money for serious detail shots is it not?

Well, even if its 4.5k like the 1DS is, thats serious pro money for serious detail shots is it not?

All other cameras will be obsolete, I am going to sell my 3 cats, Basil and Claire to get one.

Gary.

All other cameras will be obsolete, I am going to sell my 3 cats, Basil and Claire to get one.

Gary.

minted can i buy the ginger one and what about the sh+@%y lens you have now they wont be anygood for that kind of gear so just drop them off with the cat and i will sling you a few fivers

Your three cats, your son and your wife?

Sounds cheap to me for such lovely cameraness :D

minted can i buy the ginger one and what about the sh+@%y lens you have now they wont be anygood for that kind of gear so just drop them off with the cat and i will sling you a few fivers

Dude I want to go take photos tonight, Claire is a little ill (womanflu), so not sure if I am going it alone or not!

WDYT?

Gary.

current stress levels are medium to high if i can get them low to medium before I "hit the drink" as they say here no problems but its looking like the bottle is going to win!

Michael

Ha! I suppose it could increase bragging rights, though most photographers would probably respond with.

"What! Who needs 24mp"

yes at my local museum they have one on display covered in dust

Your three cats, your son and your wife?

Sounds cheap to me for such lovely cameraness :D

BTW Basil is his dog Wee G is handy as he is still short enough to be used as a tripod for the D3 :clap:

your the only one on here going to buy it anyway so it will go un-noticed

Back