Rock the Priory

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
You may remember a couple of months ago I was asked to cover Rock the Priory in Hertfordshire and yesterday the day came all too quickly. Having never shot a concert before :shake: I was a little bit nervy but was there from 8am to shoot the setting up of the sound and light rigs, this was for the sponsors. I won't bore you with al the details but the day went better than expected, 17 bands and around 800 shots in total, with some promo work coming up for a couple of bands and possibly another gig later in the year (10,000+) as the band photographer.

The bands were superb and not what I was expecting, some had so much energy and were a joy to shoot, although it got a bit more challenging in the evening as the light faded. I've only been through them quickly but here are some that caught my eye, most have not been edited except the mono shots (apart from re-sizing).

This the frontman for Stiff Upper Lip who played mainly covers, AC/DC etc and really rocked the place.
DSC0472.jpg

DSC0477.jpg

Good to get the sponsors name in there, I quite like this shot, I could see it in my minds eye but it took a few attempts to get it right, rockers don't stand still!
DSC0413.jpg

DSC0392mono.jpg

Just an experiment
DSC0267converted.jpg

Finally, the lead guitarist with the Imperial Vipers, the best band of the night IMO.

DSC0700.jpg

DSC0724.jpg

DSC0795.jpg

Fantastic stuff....all of them.

Great shots :clap: :clap:

great set hacker!(y) love the B&W with the colour inthe glasses:D

Excellent!

Good to hear you are getting more work too.

Wow ... for someone who has never done this sort of thing before ... :cautious: ... you turn a decent hand to rock event coverage m8 ... judging by just the few you have shared with us ... :clap:

Great start to a rockin' good career by the sounds ... :D

Well done Colin ... Rock on you ... :p

Thanks for all the comments, to be honest I was bricking it before I went there thinking I'd only get a few keepers. It was a long day (14 hours) and obviously there has been more work to do today and I'm knackered but it was one of the best days out I've had, and easily the best from a photographic point of view, I'm still buzzing from it!

Inaglow, the lens was my new (to me) Nikon 80-200mm AF-S and it performed flawlessly, the fast focus was ideal for this type of shooting.

I've posted a larger selection on my site if you want to have a look but there is no way I'm sticking up 800 shots on there.:bang:

HIMUPNORTH said:
Does this mean you have roadies now? :LOL:

I suppose we can all dream but nobody stood a chance after the lead guitarist of the Imperial Vipers had performed, it was amazing, women were swarming round him after the event, and they weren't all teenagers either! :naughty:

Hacker said:
I suppose we can all dream but nobody stood a chance after the lead guitarist of the Imperial Vipers had performed, it was amazing, women were swarming round him after the event, and they weren't all teenagers either! :naughty:

OOh ...now I have to go look at your site, lol! ;)
Thanks for the info on the lens.

A few more.....

A bored bouncer enjoying the sun

RTP3.jpg

It's only rock and roll

RTP2.jpg

RTP1.jpg

Shame about the reflection of the mic stand

RTP4.jpg

very very impressive...really VERY good

Back