My NYC Set 1

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there

I love NYC for photography... I've been there three times and I dont think i'd ever tire of photographing the city.

Here are my first set from my 05 trip.

Please note the originals where taken with an EOS3 on slide film. I have the cheapest crap slide scanner and I lost alot of the original sharpness in scanning and no amount of recovery would get it back...

Hope you like them... again probs image overload but I cant decide between my full set of 30.

C + C Please?

M

Fire-EscapeW.jpg

Flatiron-BuildingW.jpg

HomelessW.jpg

HorseW.jpg

ImagineW.jpg

MaceysW.jpg

PoliceW.jpg

Street-Scene-2W.jpg

Time-1W.jpg

Time-2W.jpg

God knows why some of the images came out bigger than the others... sorry!

M

Love New York and love these shots!!

That said, I can't help thinking the Times Sq ones would benefit from being in colour!!!

Anth

As I said in the other post, really nice images. I like the Strawberry fields and the cops photos. Any officer I asked wouldn't let me take a picture when I was there:(

As I said in the other post, really nice images. I like the Strawberry fields and the cops photos. Any officer I asked wouldn't let me take a picture when I was there:(

I just went up to the guys in the car and asked... any others I've taken with cops in i've not bothered I've just taken and they have never bothered...

I'll post my other two NYC sets later this week.

Yeh the times square ones might have been better in colour... but they where shot on Ilford B and W film so there is no way of injecting colour into them... I've done a bit of digital trickery in one of my other time square photos which I'll post in my second NYC set later in the week... see what you think of that?

Thanks for your coments though!

Anyone else any other coments... really feel this is the best way for me to improve my photography...

#1 - fantastic, my fave of the bunch.

#3 - Is the guy dead?

#6 - I feel sick!

Hey

No he was just sleeping... it was taken in Grand Central Station.

I was nervous at first when taking it incase he woke up... but after I went back and seen him still in the same position I shot this one...

We went through central station 3 times during the holiday... and he was there (not sleeping all the time) every time!

M

Bump.... shameless... just want a few more opinions from people...

what do you like or not like about them???

M

Great set, very emotive and atmospheric - I'm off there in February - this has made the wait seem a hell of a lot longer! :)

Love the sense of scale and movement you've got in the traffic shots

#1 has a great feel to it, great light.

You've captured #3 and #8 really well as well!

Last edited:
Back