B & W Street Candids

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Part 1 of a 2 part thread (click here for part 2)...took the 85 1.4 out for another spin last night, had a great time. Trying to build up confidence in my street stuff. Kinda random shots, not a lot of context (these were taken around the xmas market), however, the sole reason for the photos, really for my to practise taking photos of people without their consent :D

Anyway C & C welcome as always. I tried to slow down a little, but I still struggled with some basic compisition rules...

1: Spotted, no Smile
3104073026_b58d00fe2e_o.jpg

2: Spotted, with Smile
3103236929_33d2bf2264_o.jpg

3: Tired
3104060180_39f7f62c86_o.jpg

4: Happy Days
3104059270_693ffa805f_o.jpg

5: Ladies
3103226481_ab1aa71120_o.jpg

6: Le Chimp
3103226477_42b325a4ea_o.jpg

Part 2 posted here

Gary.

Last edited:
Normally b+w is the default choice for street work, but with colours you're managing to wring out of the D3/85mm combo I'd say those shots have the edge....

Normally b+w is the default choice for street work, but with colours you're managing to wring out of the D3/85mm combo I'd say those shots have the edge....

I felt so too, I nearly converted a few more to B & W but decided against it.

I'd have to agree with FITP. Two great sets with the colour version winning out in the end.

Thanks very much guys :)

Gary.

#4 for me, just because of her smile which illuminates the whole image. I think it's the strongest composition too. Great set, not so sure about that lens, isn't there a better one you can buy? :D

#4 for me, just because of her smile which illuminates the whole image. I think it's the strongest composition too. Great set, not so sure about that lens, isn't there a better one you can buy? :D

There is :D I would love one....its Xmas russ :love:

Nice set Gary,

That first image did you go to town on here eyes, they look a tad over sharpened compared to rest of image or is it just me being knackered and tired.

Nigel

Nice set Gary,

That first image did you go to town on here eyes, they look a tad over sharpened compared to rest of image or is it just me being knackered and tired.

Nigel

They did get an extra sharpen, you clever cookie :D You never miss a trick I tell you!

Was just about to comment on your london photos, now I'm not so sure ;) :D

Gary.

Let rip mate I am ugly enough and big enough to take it...

Though I might have a whimper in bed tonight if it to harsh....

I am sure you could find something mate... I would start off with... "Were did you find all that noise....."

My reply would be along the lines of "Oh you mean the artificial atmosphere enhancements that I add to my images at post processing stage..."

Then I would start flicking through the Web to find the best price on one of the noise black hole full frame beasties...

Nigel

I am sure you could find something mate... I would start off with... "Were did you find all that noise....."

My reply would be along the lines of "Oh you mean the artificial atmosphere enhancements that I add to my images at post processing stage..."

Then I would start flicking through the Web to find the best price on one of the noise black hole full frame beasties...

Nigel

I love noise with Street Images!

Anyhoo, done :D A few minor nitpicks!

Gary.

Back