Some advice and feedback if you will! :)

Name
Joanne Christian
Edit My Images
Yes
Here we go, i did this 'shoot' the other day, there are many photos to go in and i will put them as a series but i'd like some advice on which of my edits work the best.

So here goes.
The Original: Straight from camera, resized in photobucket:
original1.jpg

The first edit:

cooledit.jpg

Second edit:

warmedit.jpg

And finally a black and white:
bwedit.jpg

feel free to crit, and my only request is if u add your own edits, just let me know how u achieved your results!

thanks xxxxxx

Original + Second edit look good to me :)

The first edit to me is abit too bright, the shoulder blends into the background abit too much

Nice looking girl, but the biggest problem you have is the lighting.
It is top lighting and as such it is giving the typical eysockets in shadow (Panda Eyes Syndrome)which does nothing for the image.

To allivaiate this I added a curves adjustment layer to lift the mid tones, then made a loose selection around the face at 30px ( you will need more for a larger image), then added a levels Adjutment layer to brighten the face and mimic more directional lighting.

Then merged all to composite layer and changed blend to screen added layer mask filled with black then using white painted eyes back to brighten them.

Again merged layer and added a colour balence adjustment layer then sharpen layer.

Just roughly done and to give you a idea.
107035745.jpg

Last edited:
2nd edit works best for skin tone, but the eyes could do with a touch.
As for the comp... I quite like it, but my eye is drawn to the cut off necklace (but that might just be me :shrug:)

Great explanation Paul, and great finished result....even if it was quick!

I liked no2 out of the original edits though, and yes the necklace does lead your eyes out the image

Darryl

Back