Optech Camera Strap users (Upgrade)

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
evening,

as some of you will know i posted a link regarding some clips available for the strap

they arrvied today so here are some pics

DSCN0187.jpg

DSCN0189.jpg

DSCN0190.jpg

DSCN0191.jpg

DSCN0192.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

DSCN0195.jpg

DSCN0196.jpg

highly recommended to anyone

You reckon they could take the weight of,say, a D300,grip and 80-200?

I've got one of those.

Only one, mind. During one of the strap orders, they mistakenly sent me half a normal connector (pro strap), and the other half one of these :nuts:

I've got one of those.

Only one, mind. During one of the strap orders, they mistakenly sent me half a normal connector (pro strap), and the other half one of these :nuts:

Is this your way of telling us you swing both ways? :thinking:

I've got one of those.

Not much use then ,really................:D

Sorry, think I am having a blond man moment......what is the advantage of these over the normal Optech strap things?

they seem alot sturdier and stronger over the other loop ones i have. the true test will be over time though

I'm just waiting for mine to arrive......as soon as whitey is bored with them :LOL:

you have more chance of winning the lottery lol

You reckon they could take the weight of,say, a D300,grip and 80-200?

Just had D300, grip and Sigma 70-200 attached with no problems at all

Thanks.

I don't get it - they are replacing webbing with bits of plastic? I would think the plastic would be easier to break?

Also - is that just a little plastic tag that the strap part clips onto? Not sure I would want to trust that to be honest.

Of course, I have not actually seen one of these things:LOL:

I had these on a previous optech strap and one did split where the elongated hole is, luckily I noticed it before it snapped but I wouldn't fancy having that D300 and siggy 120-300 hanging off it

i use the pro loops on my d700 with 70-300mm

you can lengthen your strap if you buy the no9s as they have connectors either end

Gotta be honest, I've got a couple of Optechs, looped and non-looped and I've no idea what this "upgrade" is trying to solve here or what the point is of replacing the stock ones with these?

I've had a 300mm f/2.8 VR attached to an S5 Pro with my current straps working just fine (over 3.5kg)? What do these "do" the stock straps don't?

first two pics are of the normal ones, the rest are either new or comparison between the two

sorry i was in a rush when i made the topic and didnt label it up properly

the webbing is more thicker and feels stronger. the plastic bits i prefer to use instead of the other loops, personal preference

i wouldnt carry the Sigma 120-300 with D300 with one strap as its to heavy for that, i have an optech strap on the 120-300 to so carry it from both

Back