Critique ♫♪ I Believe I Can Fly ♪♪

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
It made me chuckle when I saw this frame and for some reason imagined this little fella singing R Kelly...

♫♪ I Believe I Can Fly ♪♪ by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Not sure what species this fly is. It looked a bit like a hoverfly but was very small (it's standing on a blade of grass). Much smaller than the usual hoverflies I see. Also, the eyes don't strike me as being particularly hoverfly-like (but I'm no expert). It could be a soldier fly, but I didn't think soldier flies were usually so hairy. Any ideas?

This is simply brilliant what a great capture I would rotate slightly CW but that might lessen the impact of the title (which is awesome and love the actual song on flickr description) ... ummm

Think its a snipe fly.... think its the same fly as this but higher mag...

PMSL , great one Tim :clap:

Nice one, well spotted, love it :clap:(y)

Brilliant photo, but I'm guessing that the mrs won't want this one up on the wall?

Cool shot Tim, looks very much a soldierfly to me. Chloromyia formosa

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all. I think I might try and animate this one :)

Thanka for the ID too Alby, I really wasn't expecting to be able to get the species for this one. I should never have doubted you!

heres a quick edit

love the original BY THE WAY- FANTASTIC DETAIL :banana:

Les ;)

Lol that's excellent. Hahaha.

Recommend you watch PHlearn to do layered flare so don't have to have complete set of spots.

Last edited:
The original is a cracking photo and Lez's 'concert mode' edits very well done as well.

Ha ha ha ha! Les that is excellent!

Brilliant work mate! Do you mind is I post it in the comments on the flickr page?

I think that is much better than the original! I note you've selected a nice border for it too ;)

Not at all Tim post away it is your image after all mate :p

That's superb Tim , what a brilliant pose

Ha ha ha ha! Les that is excellent!

Brilliant work mate! Do you mind is I post it in the comments on the flickr page?

I think that is much better than the original! I note you've selected a nice border for it too ;)

here's another one of yours- with added PP in CS5

I call it Eye Bee tha flight

Les :D

BWaahahahaha the guitar edits are freakin hilarious. It's an absolutely brilliant original shot but oh my god, the edits. hahahaha. Just superb :D

BWaahahahaha the guitar edits are freakin hilarious. It's an absolutely brilliant original shot but oh my god, the edits. hahahaha. Just superb :D

Thanks Ian, just a little bored at home when I did those- just for fun really :D

Les ;)

Back