1/4 Scale 1dsMkIII - Anyone Got One.

Apart from the fact it looks tacky, at £84 posted I could think of for better tat to spend my money on.

The quality of the work on the model looks brilliant. Scale models are always expensive of anything. I had 1/18 model cars that were £120 and some of the Exoto ones ran to £600.

The scale models turn up on POTN from time to time for about $60-$70.

I wouldn't want the real thing, I certainly wouldn't want a model of it ;):exit:

Mark

I got the 1Ds Mk3 with the 50mm f1.2 (which comes off - intentionally!), in a presentation box to celebrate 20 years of EOS for £24 delivered! Just cos really, no real reason!

The quality of the work on the model looks brilliant. Scale models are always expensive of anything. I had 1/18 model cars that were £120 and some of the Exoto ones ran to £600.

The scale models turn up on POTN from time to time for about $60-$70.

:agree:

As far as even 1/43 scale model cars go that price isn't out of the way. There was a series of much cheaper Canon models on the market though, I had the details of the manufacturer saved somewhere. I'll have a look....

That company do a 1/1 scale model of 300D for £122 +delivery. You'd be :wacky: to pay that for a real one! :LOL:

aww that is so sweet, we have one at our work, *** thats probably a mk2 a limited edition given by canon to show so many ef lens that have been made, lens has a magnet to make sure it doesn't fall off. ours has to be 1/16th scale or i don't understand scale

I've got a scale model of a 1Ds Mk II and a 600mm f/4 L IS, which Canon made in 2006 to commemorate 30 million EF lenses. The lens is 92mm long which suggests it's 1/5 scale. It sits on my desk in the office and acts as a paperweight from time to time.

EDIT: In fact it's just like this one which you can buy on eBay for "only" US$399....

Back