Chaz Photos

Jack Elam
Name
Chaz
Edit My Images
Yes
-1 degs tonight clear sky shot of the moon
4148230889_b2ef87a096_o.jpg

If you open your main image in PS and adjust the highlights under Edit > Image > Shadows/Highlights, you can bring back a lot of the detail that seems blown out.

It'll help the image a lot as it's certainly got nice detail potential :)

4150049212_bace6ab640.jpg

I took a few shots last night.This one was taken with a 70-300mm lens.
I used 1/800sec at f8.

Nice Jack :)

If you open your main image in PS and adjust the highlights under Edit > Image > Shadows/Highlights, you can bring back a lot of the detail that seems blown out.

It'll help the image a lot as it's certainly got nice detail potential :)

It is interesting you can not see detail in the highlights as I can on my calibrated monitor more so with the full size file any how here is another copy for the web hope it looks better also I made it Mono
4149425687_4e622a27a5_o.jpg

Second is better on mine too, near full Moon is not the best time to image it - no contrast - although you have some nice detail on the terminator your processing seems to have overblown it a little.

Arthur

Thanks Ambermile
I have looked at them on the computer in a local photo shop and see the same detail I see at home This has come up before how different computer and browser and monitors show the same thing different even when calibrated.
But this is only web based photos.

It's pretty good Chas nice details along the terminator. The second one looks better to me too.

Thanks Ambermile
I have looked at them on the computer in a local photo shop and see the same detail I see at home This has come up before how different computer and browser and monitors show the same thing different even when calibrated.
But this is only web based photos.

Well, I am not so sure. Maybe try using wavelets rather than the curves. Sometiomes, you can overdo it and then you get grainy - as you have done here. Monitor will make no difference I am afraid, Moon shots need to be treated carefully as the sharp changes in shade and contrast often catch people out initially... maybe not so harsh on the gamma cutting would allow the detail to remain sharp.

Arthur

Well, I am not so sure. Maybe try using wavelets rather than the curves. Sometiomes, you can overdo it and then you get grainy - as you have done here. Monitor will make no difference I am afraid, Moon shots need to be treated carefully as the sharp changes in shade and contrast often catch people out initially... maybe not so harsh on the gamma cutting would allow the detail to remain sharp.

Arthur
what is Wavelets?

I just *knew* you were going to ask that! what wavelets-based processing allows you to do is treat each pixel as the centre of a small array of the pixels around it rather than an individual pixel - and also to change that pixel with reference to those in it's own array. What this means is that your basic curve adjustment becomes more adaptive, more specific to the image you are working on. When every pixel is being treated like this you get a much more forgiving process, not so harsh and yet allowing more detail to be brought out.

Arthur

PS - answer to next question, Registax!

Last edited:
Back