1 of the pics I have ever been proud of.

swamptart

Suspended / Banned
Name
paul
Edit My Images
No
Taken in lyme Regis a few yrs ago, and prob my fist attempt at photoshoping, prob ruined the pic but I like it.

1296979489_l.jpg

For me there are two problems with this picture, the first is the sloping horizon and the second is the composition is too central.

I have read about the rule of thirds but thought this kind of works as each side of the steps is diffrent, but i see what you mean about the horizon, Thanks for the feedback I will learn eventually.

Also. to work well, this kind of shot needs to be really crisp. The focus looks a bit soft on the foreground for me.

Nice idea though. Possibly would be better with steps more diagonal rather than splitting dead central.

For me there are two problems with this picture

Sorry, but there's a third problem in that it just isn't sharp. I think there's scope to get something from here though - the composition doesn't bother me (except for the very top where you can see the sloping horizon), but I think I'd pop back and reshoot, trying to make sure that it was sharp from front to back.

Would also try and get lower down to take the photo, its been taken from a slightly higher point than needed and makes it less easy on the eye.

Take a tripod and use a really slow shutter speed to blur the sea water too, take a few varying exposures think there's an absolute cracking photo to be had there

Back