100 seconds of madness

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the kind of madness that can occur if you just spend a 100 seconds with me, this was shot when Lynton, thedodo and myself met up last night

Featuring a colourful ribbon of light created with my V24 and a ball of fire and flame created with wire wool

57/365 (788) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Basic settings were f10 / ISO640 / 100 second exposure

As with all my photos comments and critique are welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

There's a lot going on in there!
I'm liking it though.

Thats pretty damned artistic Matt (y)

Superb, love it!

May I ask what is making the colourful ribbon effect? It would look very cool on it's own against a black background.

Speaking as a light painter myself, that's actually quite awesome! As already mentioned in Lynton's thread, the tunnel location brings it all together.

May I ask what is making the colourful ribbon effect? It would look very cool on it's own against a black background.

Hi Charlotte, I'm glad you like it, the light ribbon is actually done with a rather special torch called a LED Lenser V24, there are a few available new still but most are used as its a product that was discontinued a number of years ago, there are some companies selling reverse engineered versions some that are quite good, but you wanted to try it for low cost to start with you should get down your local cheap toy shop and buy a couple of light saber toys ;)

Speaking as a light painter myself, that's actually quite awesome! As already mentioned in Lynton's thread, the tunnel location brings it all together.

Thanks Ian, I'm pleased that you like it :D the tunnel is a great location :D

Very clever/creative.
You make it look easy but it ain't. :-(

Gaz

Very clever/creative.
You make it look easy but it ain't. :-(

Gaz

It's not the easiest thing in the world but with practice it's gets easier like anything, you should sign up for these summers meet in north yorkshire, there's a link in my signature for it, there will be a lot of guidance on the meet, and a few others travelling up from Manchester for the meet (y)

Glad that you like it :D

Mardybum said:
Very good creative shot Matt, great work.

The lenser trails really add to it (can't wait to get mine), and another good location found aswell by the looks of it.

It's a great location been there a few times this year it's wonderful because you park under there and don't have to worry about the weather ;) glad you like it and hope you get your v24 soon :)

I love it!

Will have to try something like this myself when I find the time!

Carol

Went out "wire wooling" for the first time last week and had tons of fun. I like the way the additional lighting adds to the image :)

Oscellaris said:
Went out "wire wooling" for the first time last week and had tons of fun. I like the way the additional lighting adds to the image :)

Thanks, I hope you had fun doing it :D I like to try and more to my wire wool these days :D if you've got a thread up with you shots drop me a link I'd like to see them :D

Back