13.2 litres, 5 turbos & 1510 bhp!

Name
Murray
Edit My Images
Yes
Me and my dad took the family fleet out for a little photoshoot yesterday. With only two drivers it took a while, but it was worth it to have them all in the one place for a picture.

IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

IMG_4469.jpg

IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4465.jpg

IMG_4520.jpg

why go to the trouble of cloning out parts of the plates in 1, but leaving them whole in the rest?

Some good shots there, I think the one of the black focus on it's own would have benefited from a lower angle to really show the size of the car as it is very imposing up close! Also like the processing on this one. Not that fussed by the rest though.

My brother has just brough an RS, damn it's a beast! :nuts:

why go to the trouble of cloning out parts of the plates in 1, but leaving them whole in the rest?

That was the first one I edited and I only really did that to emphasise the hiya and c ya on the plates of the focus. They're not actually meant to say that, but I thought it was kinda cool.

they look very dark and underexposed to me, maybe thats intended ?

They look okay on my monitor.

I like number 6. Looks dark and gritty

i like what you were trying to achieve here but i think id have preferred the cars to be alone rather than in a group, different cars go well in different settings so may not all work well in the same place...

as it was said higher up, its worth getting slightly lower for car images to really put across the size and power of a car, shooting down onto them makes them look smaller and less imposing...

keep it up, would love to see more and in different locations :)

Some good shots there, I think the one of the black focus on it's own would have benefited from a lower angle to really show the size of the car as it is very imposing up close! Also like the processing on this one. Not that fussed by the rest though.

My brother has just brough an RS, damn it's a beast! :nuts:

Luckily enough, I took one at a lower angle too.
I think you're right. It does work better like this.

IMG_4511b.jpg

Hi Murray,

Firstly, what a great set of cars your family have! :eek:

Secondly, my faves are #3 and #6 as I love that gritty, mean processing you've got going on there. I try to create this effect all of the time but can never work out how - mind me asking how you did it? Particularly in #3 I think it's a great photo.

A nice set of photos!

Will :D.

Hi Murray,

Firstly, what a great set of cars your family have! :eek:

Secondly, my faves are #3 and #6 as I love that gritty, mean processing you've got going on there. I try to create this effect all of the time but can never work out how - mind me asking how you did it? Particularly in #3 I think it's a great photo.

A nice set of photos!

Thanks.
I think its just a combination of clarity being set at 100% when processing the raw file, and then a slight desaturation and increased contrast.

Heres another 2 I just processed.

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks very much for sharing that info Murray, much appreciated :)

I'll give it a go now as I'm in the middle of processing some car pics from an ST & RS meet I went to on the weekend :)

I look forward to seeing your pics then :)

Two more from me...

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

I've re-edited one from above. I think it was a little dark/under exposed after all.
IMG_4520-1.jpg

Last edited:
Some nice pics in here mate. Liking the matt black finish. My motorbike is matt black. Absolute pig to keep clean though. I recognised the cars and your username, your on CS too aren't you?

Some nice pics in here mate. Liking the matt black finish. My motorbike is matt black. Absolute pig to keep clean though. I recognised the cars and your username, your on CS too aren't you?

I am yeah. Whats your username there?

Here's one other group shot. The cars have been transported/photoshopped into a totally different background for this one though...

IMG_4445_bw.jpg

Username is Matt.H on CS. Have got a thread in snap day at the mo. Just abit further down from yours.

Love the last 911 shot, nice moody sky! Beautiful car, looks as fresh as a daisy, hard to believe its nearly 14 years old!

Not so keen on the 'group' shots to be honest. I appreciate they're your cars and all, but for me they just dont 'go' together, if that makes sense!

ATB

Neil

had to say the black focus look blue on my screen if it is black then how about this, not sure what colour the screen and lights are ?
so I have left them
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6017/5979112020_99c9e3e4bb_o.jpg
original
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy103/Murray-Photography/IMG_4511b.jpg

Now that you mention it, maybe it is a little too blue.
However I think your edit is a little too desaturated. It almost looks yellow in comparison.

I've edited it myself and I think i've got it as close as possible to how the eye sees it.

IMG_4511c.jpg

Thanks for the input :)

Love the last 911 shot, nice moody sky! Beautiful car, looks as fresh as a daisy, hard to believe its nearly 14 years old!

Not so keen on the 'group' shots to be honest. I appreciate they're your cars and all, but for me they just dont 'go' together, if that makes sense!

ATB

Neil

Thanks :) I know what you mean about the group shots, but these were only done to keep my dad happy as he wanted a group shot.

Last edited:
It might be me, but the group shot where you've photo-shopped the background in. I cant help but think what the 911 would look like on its own in that one.

In my mind it kind of looks like a real wide road, 911 pointed at the horizon and just waiting to take off! (especially in B+W!)

ATB

Neil

It might be me, but the group shot where you've photo-shopped the background in. I cant help but think what the 911 would look like on its own in that one.

In my mind it kind of looks like a real wide road, 911 pointed at the horizon and just waiting to take off! (especially in B+W!)

ATB

Neil

Good idea.
I think the shot has a lot of potential, but i'd need to spend a little more time on it to create a proper version.

IMG_4445b.jpg

Here's a different crop.
IMG_4445c.jpg

Last edited:
Liking it! Though as you said will need a little work so it doesnt look quite as 'flat' but personally I think it'll look good!

Neil

However I think your edit is a little too desaturated. It almost looks yellow in comparison.

Ah well I did not desaturate it i painted it black on a new layer and blended it with colour mode so I not see how it can be yellow, cant see any yellow on my screen.

Love love love 6 & 7. Brilliant shots, well framed. Like the editing on them all, works really well. The background in shot 1 could do with a bit extra exposure though

I've edited it myself and I think i've got it as close as possible to how the eye sees it.

Thanks for the input :)
Thank you for accepting my input.

I found this interesting as screen calibration is a subject that I have been looking at for some time, as camera club and projectors are a big issues with this
I look at your and mine together and do not see what you are saying so I loaded both into Photoshop and got the colours from both as in below, You will see that my edit is Black yours is not 100% black but has more blue apart from the reflection of the ground which has more red.
So you see screen calibration is very important to get colours right, our eyes can also make adjustments with out us knowing..
5984770889_937e93bd2f_o.jpg

Hi Murray,

My turn to post I recognise the location on one of your threads... and a number of the cars.

I've bought products from and discussed cars with your brother before and I've also owned a silver Porsche (997 C2S, Arctic silver with aero kit) and a Focus RS mk2.

DSC_0068 by christopherjgrant, on Flickr

Small world :)

Chris

I knew there was a 500 in stoney!! I'm sure I seen it at delivery time! Every one Sid I was liying!!

Some seriously nice cars and brilliant shots!

Thank you for accepting my input.

I found this interesting as screen calibration is a subject that I have been looking at for some time, as camera club and projectors are a big issues with this
I look at your and mine together and do not see what you are saying so I loaded both into Photoshop and got the colours from both as in below, You will see that my edit is Black yours is not 100% black but has more blue apart from the reflection of the ground which has more red.
So you see screen calibration is very important to get colours right, our eyes can also make adjustments with out us knowing..
5984770889_937e93bd2f_o.jpg

How the hell did yiou do that? :| :clap:

I knew there was a 500 in stoney!! I'm sure I seen it at delivery time! Every one Sid I was liying!!

wow. 10/10 for thread revival.

any chance of an English version?

I know I'm supposed to be commenting on the photo's, but I hate the fact that not only do you have a Focus RS, one of my favourite cars but you also appear to have a focus RS500 which is just absolutely stunning!

puts my Focus to shame :(

Hi Callum. Yes there is indeed an RS500 in Stoney.
It's only been out once or twice since delivery, so you were lucky to spot it, but i'm sure i'll get a lot more outings in the spring/summer to come so keep your eyes peeled ;)

I'm going to ignore the fact you own an FRS and an FRS500, and that the Passat looks completely out of place.

Grouping wise, other than the 2 FRS' together, the rest should be separate, the FRS' and 911 maybe as they're out and out performance cars, the Cupra is a quick car, but looks ordinary compared.

Location does nothing for me either, needs to be grungy or super modern, seaside town seems wrong.

Being very critical though :)

there seems to be a crap old passat sneaked in to the images along with the lovely cars :)

Hi Callum. Yes there is indeed an RS500 in Stoney.
It's only been out once or twice since delivery, so you were lucky to spot it, but i'm sure i'll get a lot more outings in the spring/summer to come so keep your eyes peeled ;)

ahh right thought that would be the case with it, i honestly couldn't believe it when i seen it driving behind me, near the petrol station before it turned off i almost turned around to ask if i could take a picture and what number it was but decided that it would be creepy and i only had my camera phone with me so decided against it, none of my friends would believe me when i said!

Back