1DmkII - change of "owner"

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Ok, i might have asked this before and then forgot to check the thread again, however i cant find the thread if i did.

Anyway, as you guys know, got myself a 1DmkII from a lovely chap on here. The problem is, in the exif data it has the name of the old owner in there and its annoy and i want to change it :LOL:

My question is....how? :LOL:
I have looked through the manual, cant find anything at all about changing this data. I can change some of it manually on each image, but i dont want to be doing that really.

Thanks guys, any help is as usual much appreciated

I think I remember seeing the old thread and it was a case of plugging in the camera via USB and firing up the Camera Control software and there was an option in there.

But then again I could be imagining that, it's still early :p

You need to use EOS utility, have a firewire card in your computer and have the firewire lead that came with the camera, connect everything up and you'll be able to change the name and any personal settings (in the custom function menu on the camera) that the previous own has setup, most of this is explained in the manual.

Peter

You need to use EOS utility, have a firewire card in your computer and have the firewire lead that came with the camera, connect everything up and you'll be able to change the name and any personal settings (in the custom function menu on the camera) that the previous own has setup, most of this is explained in the manual.

Peter

Why the hell couldn't i find it?!?
And does it have to be a firewire and not USB?

Mike

I have this problem also, plugged it in via USB though, the latest version of EOS utility seems to not like the camera though :(

Yes, I believe it has to be USB and again, the old version of EOS utility that came with the camera works on my and the newer versions don't.

Can possibly do it for you on Saturday if you don't have access to FW? I need to change mine to its new owner before it goes on Sunday anyway...

Thanks mate, will try it

I tried to load up the software and had the same problem as Adsayer

Mike

Ive been having issues with this aswell :(

From asking on the POTN forums they say it has to be connected via the Firewire cable and to enable the personal data/functions to be updated.

When i connect mine via firewire i get a windows "error 10, Windows can not start this device" :( im guessing this is maybe down to having all the 40d software installed.

Where can i get an older version of the canon software?

Yes, I believe it has to be USB and again, the old version of EOS utility that came with the camera works on my and the newer versions don't.

Can possibly do it for you on Saturday if you don't have access to FW? I need to change mine to its new owner before it goes on Sunday anyway...

My typo. It should read, it can't be USB and it has to be Firewire...

Hmmmm, now i need to geek up and find out WTF is a firewire port and stuff! haha

My typo. It should read, it can't be USB and it has to be Firewire...

marvellous. right I've got find a firewire cable... Thanks for sending the PDF by the man, very very interesting!

worrying about the software not playing ball either. I've got a 10D, 40D and the 1D2 so this it's going to be a pain having several bits of software for each... any ideas where I can get a version that supports the mkII?

Thanks!

ads

Bought a IEEE 1394A Card from Novatech (£10), USB as grumpybadger said, doesn't work, it has to be firewire lead and use EOS Utility disc that came with camera, hopefully when you purchased it.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NOV-FWPCI

Easy to do, have only used it once to put my name onto the camera, has other uses, I think a live link to computer, so can see image on computer screen etc, but never used it.

Peter

right guys, I had a bit of the play yesterday with success.

USB... no no no
Firewire... yeehaa

I have to tell you what an absolute ball ache that was doing it though, firstly no original software means and the fact Canon do not have the standalone versions of the software (just the updates) was hell.

I'm no computer nerd, I can't even work windows ******* powerpoint, but I found out the Update version, actually contains the full version, but you have to modify the Windows Registry to force the software to install regardless.

I simply downloaded the EOS Viewer on the 1d2 page and rolled from there.

sorted.

Back