1st attempt at Lighning

Lightning around where I live is almost as rare as rocking horse $..t so I'm no expert on lightning shots.

The second shot is my preference a few more seconds exposure to get some detail at the base of the frame would have made this a winner.

Wow, lovely captures. I like the colours in the second. To get a longer shutter speed, you probably would have needed to use a grad filter as I think extending the exposure might lose some of the impact of the colours. Could possibly try toning down the houselights and maybe putting the houses into silhouette. But hey I'm no expert either :)

Thanks for the comments guys

Its the same down here we don't get lightning very often, I wonder if shooting though the glass window didn't help matters ether but I didn't want to get soaked in the rain.

I don't have a remote release at the moment ether ill have to see if I can pick one up soon.

think you done really well simon, as others have said, its not as if we can get it on demand and you've managed well for a first attempt, better than mine (which didn't even capture it when I tried) lol, been waiting 9 months for another go, missed the weekend's lightning as it was too early in the morning (about 2am here in telford) so will have to wait until it does it within a reasonable hour for me. Well done fella

Thanks very much :)

I know what you mean about the time, I won't be getting up at 3.30am again anytime soon

Back