1st Car shots with my new D40 - Audi R8

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

This is my first post on here, exhibiting my pictures, so please be kind! ;)

I recently got given a Nikon D40 as a wedding present by my parents. Mainly for use on our honeymoon, but I've got it in advance to allow me to practice using it prior to going away!

I went out at the weekend, and stumbled across this Audi R8 in the car park of a local reservoir.... one of my all time favourite cars, so I took the chance to get a few snaps....

C&C welcome......

Andy

DSC_0083_Medium_.JPG

DSC_0084_Medium_.JPG

DSC_0088_Medium_.JPG

DSC_0102_Medium_.JPG

DSC_0089_Medium_.JPG

DSC_0090_Medium_.JPG

Welcome to the forum Andy, Very nice shots and a very nice car, although they would benifit from a quick tweak in PS. Well done. (y)

Need to get myself a copy of PS ;)

Will have to wait until next pay day unfortunatley!

Can anyone recommend a good programme (apart from PS) for resizing pics? The above were done using the Windows Image Resize Powertool..... not the best I'll admit!

Can anyone recommend a good programme (apart from PS) for resizing pics? The above were done using the Windows Image Resize Powertool..... not the best I'll admit!

Where are you hosting your images? I use photobucket and theres an option for resizing on upload, its dead easy.

Had a quick play with the first one for you. You haven't got edit ticked so if you want me to remove it just ask.:)

DSC_0083_Medium_copy.jpg

where do I tick 'edit' ?!? ;)

thanks for the improved pic, looks alot deeper in colour, and the black of the car looks very 'wet'....

Thats got nice brakes on it.

It could have benefited from using a polariser. I took this pic yesterday with and without the polariser. Admittedly a slight bit slower than the R8!

Before:
2581784774_d625ed6353.jpg

After:
2581785902_a6c8fd456b.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys :)

2 and 3 (and philips version of 1) look over exposed to me.. lots of blown out areas

I agree with you there mate, the sky in 2 does look very blown out :(

Still learning how to use the camera to be honest, so I'm using it on 'auto' at the moment, and then I'll start to learn ho w to use the manual settings etc when I get a bit more confident using it!

SOme nice badge shots there!! The last two are my favourites!

(y) I was quite pleased with those two myself :D

I intentionally tried to get the 'R8' badge in focus, whilst leaving the back ground out of focus :D Would have been a nicer shot if there wasn't that damn Ford Focus in the background !!! :LOL:

Thanks for the comments guys :)

I agree with you there mate, the sky in 2 does look very blown out :(

Still learning how to use the camera to be honest, so I'm using it on 'auto' at the moment, and then I'll start to learn ho w to use the manual settings etc when I get a bit more confident using it!

no worries :)
thats what the forums are for - plenty of people that will give you good advice.
I'm not the best person to give advice on static shots (there are some brilliant static car photographers on the forum), but it looks like you used the flash on the second one which as probably spoiled it.

Back