1st shot with the new 8mm wide angle

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
It is very dramatic, but nothing to capture the eye, I mean it's great background scene. :)
You could play with DE-fishing this lens, will give you normal very wide angle look. I love defishing my 8mm samyang.

I think this is really good though some will hate the distortion. I really like it and it adds another dimension.

Think the canal/stream/river needs to be dead central in frame but for a tester shot it has worked very well.

I think this is really good though some will hate the distortion. I really like it and it adds another dimension.

Think the canal/stream/river needs to be dead central in frame but for a tester shot it has worked very well.

Its a dyke Bryn :p - I just grabbed the shot as I drove past in my Land-rover, so composition was a little hurried lol

Les ;)

It is very dramatic, but nothing to capture the eye, I mean it's great background scene. :)
You could play with DE-fishing this lens, will give you normal very wide angle look. I love defishing my 8mm samyang.

defishing???? could you be so kind as to explain what you mean

Les :)

defishing???? could you be so kind as to explain what you mean

Les :)

Taking the fisheye distortion out in editing....it's a cracking little lens isn't it, I love using mine....never have taken the distortion out of a photo as for me it's part of the reason to have a fish eye

Taking the fisheye distortion out in editing....it's a cracking little lens isn't it, I love using mine....never have taken the distortion out of a photo as for me it's part of the reason to have a fish eye

Thank you Matt- Long time no see , I trust you are well?

I love this lens although its application is limited only by the users imagination I guess

Les ;)

Thank you Matt- Long time no see , I trust you are well?

I love this lens although its application is limited only by the users imagination I guess

Les ;)

Indeed it has been a long time, I'm really very good thanks...finally back on the road after my little game of bumper cars, been back driving now for about a month....also doing a lot to improve my health :) hope your keeping well too

Yes I am thank you- Mum died last week still coming to terms with that- but all in all 'Im good

Les

Yes I am thank you- Mum died last week still coming to terms with that- but all in all 'Im good

Les

Oh that's pretty crap for you, my condolences buddy, been there myself and know just how crap it is :(

The dyke is the focus of the photo so you need to centralise that IMHO, with a correction of the horizon this could be an epic photo. That sky is so angry!

I use a Sony a77 and thank you for your sympathy. Mums funeral is tomorrow @ 9.20am

I'm just packing the car for the trip to Yorkshire this morning

Les

Back