1st time night - London Eye

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Been working away from home so thought I would try and fill my time y taking some night shots.

Can someone please give any hints on how I could improve the photo below.

DSC_0076a by imogensdad, on Flickr

Last edited:
2nd photo now deleted

Last edited:
Exposure wise I'd say there is not a lot to change at all the exposure looks good (y) and it's nice to see a different angle on the eye that said this particular vantage point isn't really doing it for me there are do many distractions between you and the subjects that being to me the eye and the Houses of Parliament...it does look as there was a little bit of haze in the air which has IMO not really helped to

To delete, Edit then remove link, can't delete whole post

It looks silky smoove maybe a wider crop and lift the shadows a bit around the trees but very nice

That sky colour is pretty normal in London (muddy)

H

Last edited:
I prefer the wider crop you have on flicker

H

Here is the wider crop, I didnt know if the light trails spoilt it a little plus the boat in the bottom left.

My photoshop skills are awful at the moment. That's my next learning curve!

DSC_0076 by imogensdad, on Flickr

You have edit off so can't do it for you

H

That second wider version I think would work really well with a bit of a panoramic crop loosing both some from the top and the bottom of frame personally I like the light trail but would have preferred to see it travel all the way through the scene

As above have said wider is much better plus the light trails add intrest and make the image more unique.

Gaz

H

How do I turn editing on?

Thanks again

Neil

Last edited:
I like the wider version as itshows more of the reflections as well as the light trails (which are nicely undulating when viewed on flickr). (y)

Wider is better for sure, good exposure as seen in the light trails. Would be tempted to trim from the foreground.

Thanks all. Glad people seem to like it. It's a great feeling as it's all a bit trial and error at the moment!

I've changed my settings now so edit is available.

Cheers

Crop, lens correction as was a tad off level, took the highlights down a little

edit Th by HS-uk, on Flickr

H

Thanks H, I'll have to start learning a bit of Photoshop.

If you are ever out and about on south bank area. , give me a shout. I am usually away from home tues and weds night and always looking for something to fill my time.

Cheers

Neil

Thanks H, I'll have to start learning a bit of Photoshop.

If you are ever out and about on south bank area. , give me a shout. I am usually away from home tues and weds night and always looking for something to fill my time.

Cheers

Neil

You are welcome, if you want to download and save it, then I can remove it from my flickr

Have to see how the weather is going to go before going out again but will do at some time

H

Ps if you are going to buy software, you should go for elements and Lightroom, a lot cheaper that PS

Last edited:
I will download H, not home until Thu night thought so will do it on Friday.

Thanks again

The edit is much better and agree elements and LR would be a good start at learning to process files and its all part of the fun :D

I already have a copy of Photoshop CS5 installed but have never had time to really get to grips with it.

I am better with LR and Elements? Are they a lot easier to use?

in that case not really for elements but maybe worth checking out LR or just download the demo

Go for LR5 download try it for the month, I think you will like it

H

H

How do I download the pic to save it? When I right click, it doesnt give me the option?

Thanks again, just viewed on my PC and love the edit.

That's strange as does here

Click on the 3 dots on the right side. then all sizes, Original, download

H

It says the owner has disabled the downloading of their files.

You should be able to right click now

Thanks H, owe you one! :ty:

You are welcome, I'll take it off my flickr now

H

I have just ordered a 60 x 40 canvas of it to go in the bathroom!

That's how pleased I am with it!!!

Back