2 from this morning and a crop of an image from last night's thread

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
1.. I used 5 shots to stack this one, initially I just wanted to get the shell spiral, but I was very wobbly this morning (no alcohol last night) so just must be Im a bit tired, anyway, finding a few of the shell in focus, I thought lets see what PS can do with it, expecting a fair bit to be cropped off, but it came out great.
14553008190_bc4469364b_b.jpg

2. Was worth cropping it in a bit closer just to get the eye detail. From last night's thread http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/bugs-from-this-evening.552302/
14549766519_218a6b8665_b.jpg

3.. A 3 shot stack, I wanted to get the droplets on its back in focus, again I was initially trying for the eyes but its good to get some unexpected focussed areas and see if they all fit together.
14737311774_8ef3c62731_b.jpg

Thanks for popping in. again :)

Last edited:
Brilliant stuff Carl. Agree that stack of the snail came out really well.

That beetle is great too, just a bit of a shame you didn't manage to get a slice with the nearest droplets in focus, but still great detail on display!

No 1, wow
No 2, WOW
No 3 WOOOOOOOW

Did I say wow...lol what great shots there Carl, you are really improving on these photos..

Thanks for sharing these WOW shots :D ok one more time
WOW

Brilliant stuff Carl. Agree that stack of the snail came out really well.

That beetle is great too, just a bit of a shame you didn't manage to get a slice with the nearest droplets in focus, but still great detail on display!

Cheers tim, that very kind of you! :)

No 1, wow
No 2, WOW
No 3 WOOOOOOOW

Did I say wow...lol what great shots there Carl, you are really improving on these photos..

Thanks for sharing these WOW shots :D ok one more time
WOW

oh WOW - thanks lol. You'll be making my head big - but its anyone can do these. Just get up and be a bit wobbly, job sorted (y) thanks graham, i really appreciate your encouragement fella :)

Well I really enjoy viewing your threads Carl, and once again your images are fantastic, and captured in such fine detail.

Great images:) I'm pretty useless at macro, can't keep my hands still enough:(

Great images:) I'm pretty useless at macro, can't keep my hands still enough:(
Me neither Maggie but keep practising! :) you get one in focus, pre focus on manual then get into position, lean forward or back, just hold breath aS well for a couple of seconds and when it pops into focus fire a few shots off. Do it a few times and you'll have at least one shot that will be fine :) use lightest lens you have so it minimises shake. You'll get there :)

Back