1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yv

Yv Staff Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yes folks, it's that time of year again, time for you all to put your BEST images forward for the TP Calendar Competition.

We have decided to change the way we do things this year to make the best opportunity of the huge variety of photographers we have here on TP. So, this year the months will be split into categories, themes if you like, and unlike in previous years, you will be able to enter 2 images to the competition rather than one.

So, without further ado, the chosen themes:

January - Cold and Crisp
    February - Romance
    March -Spring Has Sprung
    April - Rainy Days
    May - Man Made Wonders
    June - In Bloom
    July - Lazy Summer Days
    August - Celebrations and Festivals
    September - Holidays and Travel
    October - Autumnal and Harvest
    November - Fireworks & Lights
    December - Seasonal & Festive

Cover Image - Wildcard Entry - anything at all

The Rules:

1 - YOU MAY ENTER A MAXIMUM OF TWO images to the entire calendar. This can either be 2 images in the same category, or 1 image in each of two categories of your choice. ALL members are welcome to enter.

2 - Unlike the POTY comp, you ARE welcome to enter images that you have posted here on the forum previously [this is about your BEST pictures] or images that are totally new to us. As always, the photographs must have been taken by you and by entering you agree for them to be used in the calendar. Your real name and forum name will be displayed alongside the picture in the calendar if you are one of the winners.

3 - All images must be posted within the forum size guidelines and in LANDSCAPE format with the final image being printed to A4 @ 300dpi [so you might want to crop your entry to A4 ratio to make sure we get the image you want displayed] and therefore a full res/full size, unwatermarked version of the image must be available if your image wins that category - it will be needed for the printer. You must also plan on being able to send this image to us early November time.

4 - You may interpret the themes in whatever way you wish, but remember, the other members will be voting for the winning entry in each category and if the link is too obscure, you may be reducing your chances of winning. You may also change your entry upto the closing date by simply editing your post with a replacement image. If you want to change the category too, just delete the image and add some text to that effect so we know.

5 - no nudes and glamour or gratuitously offensive images please.

TP Staff decision is final.

There will be a separate thread for the entries only in each category and you may use this thread for discussion.

So, you have 4 weeks to get your entries in, the threads will close at midnight, Sunday October 31st and then a poll will be added to each thread.

Good luck everyone, theses calendars have been bigger and better every year, lets keep that trend going.
  2. Just Dave

Just Dave Strange

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hi Yvonne

Ive just added mine to September its from our holiday in Cornwall 2 weeks ago (y) I have the full res if needed
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  3. squizza

squizza Eeyore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Can the image submitted to the thread be a ratio that is on flickr, but the one we submit to the printers be ready at A4 300dpi?
  4. Yv

Yv Staff Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks Dave (y)

Squizza - I don't see any reason why not, obviously within forum guidelines on posting sizes of course and as long as its not hugely different from an A4 ratio, as in, so much so that it could be an entirely different picture, if that makes sense.
  5. squizza

squizza Eeyore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That makes sense...It wouldn't change the picture, I just put different sizes on flickr just in cases people decide to knick it. Lol. Thank you for your help. I just didn't really want to put another few pics on flickr I already have on there at slightly different sizes.
  6. stokes

stokes

Name:
    Tom
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    entry in for November :) now to find a photo for another category
  7. Yv

Yv Staff Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    some nice entries already, well done all (y)
  8. lawrie29

lawrie29 Balloons! Yay!

Name:
    Lawrie
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  9. Yv

Yv Staff Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Can I remind everyone that images MUST be LANDSCAPE format please! About to add that to all the category posts.
  10. zarozinia

zarozinia

Name:
    Angi
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sorry about that, I didnt read the rules thoroughly, I'm very naughty :p
  11. Yv

Yv Staff Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :LOL: No worries, you might have been the first but I would be prepared to bet at least a fiver you won't be the last!
  12. Tractor Boy

Tractor Boy

Name:
    Nick
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well have put my two images up - wait and see what happens now I'm of for a :beer:
  13. Pork

Pork

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I’ve entered one so far, but have to say there’s some stunning photos being posted, quality stuff all (y)
  14. On the Huh

On the Huh Little Ball of Fur

Name:
    Zulfi
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Great idea! Hopefully I will enter something, but cant promise atm. Never knew you did a calender. Well done. Love the entries that have been submitted already. Will be a hard job to decide on the final 13.:puke:
  15. richmond

richmond

Name:
    Diane
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    The first one in the January thread is going to be hard to beat. Stunning!!
  16. Pork

Pork

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Any chance of a little clarification. Does this mean you can only post pics that have been taken this year? As I would presume photos for November and December are going to be a little thin on the ground.

Thanks
    Paul :)
  17. Yv

Yv Staff Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I think rather obviously, you would struggle to post pics from Dec/Nov taken this year so no, they don't have to be from this year, but for most people, their best mages will generally be their most recent one as their photography improves, in other words, the stuff from the last year or so. Oddly, they don't even have to have been taken in the month which you are submitting them to, its the theme rather than the time element that counts ;)
  18. Pork

Pork

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks for the speedy clarification :)
  19. andy_fozzy

andy_fozzy SPAM Merchant

Name:
    Andy!
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Like the POTY comp, are we allowed to changes images later, or is what we entered entered for good, if that makes sense :nuts:
  20. lawrie29

lawrie29 Balloons! Yay!

Name:
    Lawrie
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

I hope you mean mine, so thanks. I say that because there was one in front of mine that was portrait, and has now been deleted.

I am really proud of that shot, even had the In-laws ask for a copy for the wall (no I didn't charge!).

Taken at Centre Parcs of all places.
  21. Yv

Yv Staff Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    read my dear boy, read :p

"4 - You may interpret the themes in whatever way you wish, but remember, the other members will be voting for the winning entry in each category and if the link is too obscure, you may be reducing your chances of winning. You may also change your entry upto the closing date by simply editing your post with a replacement image."
  22. richmond

richmond

Name:
    Diane
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yes, I meant yours. (y) You're right to be proud. :clap:
  23. andy_fozzy

andy_fozzy SPAM Merchant

Name:
    Andy!
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :bonk:

Thanks Yv.

You wouldn't of course believe this, but I did actually read the rules for once, but I'm buggered if I saw this :nuts:

(Thank you!)
  24. andy_fozzy

andy_fozzy SPAM Merchant

Name:
    Andy!
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :agree:

As is Marie's :love:
  25. TheBigYin

TheBigYin Staff Member

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I've come to the conclusion that mine's probably a wasted entry, following that shot, but it's probably the best shot I've got that fits any of the categories (at least, apart from one or two i'm saving for last month of the POTY, in case of a open themed round :naughty:)
  26. Yv

Yv Staff Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :LOL: no probs...going to add a further clarrification, so GO AND READ IT EVERYONE!
  27. canon_togger

canon_togger POTY Winner 2010

Name:
    Marie
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Aww thanks Andy :)

I'm off to tatras mountains at the weekend for a togging holiday, so might get something there for my second entry.

Lots of cracking shots already entered folks, well done!
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  28. lawrie29

lawrie29 Balloons! Yay!

Name:
    Lawrie
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have to admit that yours is really really good Marie! however much I would like the honour of winning the month, I think yours will do better than mine.
  29. lawrie29

lawrie29 Balloons! Yay!

Name:
    Lawrie
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    To clarify, is it 2 entries in total, or 2 + a shot at the cover?

And could we double up an entry to a category and the cover?
  30. Grendel

Grendel POTY Winner 2007 Staff Member

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Two entries IN TOTAL :)

As for doubling up, I'd say not
  31. cowasaki

cowasaki Staff Member

Name:
    Darren
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Mods,

This line in the rules "[this is about your BEST pictures of the year] ", is this a year backwards from now OR 2010? Just want to check before posting as took some in December last?
  32. Simmotino

Simmotino

Name:
    Clarke Kent ;)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Post 17 of this thread covers that one for you Darren:

(y)
  33. andy_fozzy

andy_fozzy SPAM Merchant

Name:
    Andy!
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    NP (y)

I'm so jealous of you living up there. I'd do ANYTHING to live there :crying:
  34. Yv

Yv Staff Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks Simon, and to prevent any more confusion btw, I have removed the 'of the year' bit. Yes, we would prefer pictures you have taken in the last year since the last calendar was produced, but its not a rule of any kind. :)
  35. MScotts

MScotts

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Probably the best solution that, Yvonne. Hopefully it won't open the flood-gates for folks to bung images from years ago though, lol! Perhaps, 'images taken in the last 12 months (e.g. Oct 09 to Oct 10)' would square things off in an easy to comprehend way. That would cover all of the year's seasons and ensure images are relatively current for the up-coming 2011 calendar ?
  36. Graham00

Graham00

Name:
    Graham Mc
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Are you allowed to post an image from a holiday AFTER the month of say September has gone, it's now October so would that mean it's too late ?
    Thanks.
  37. Yv

Yv Staff Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :thinking: I don't get you? You can post any picture from any month in any month, its the theme that matters not the time.
  38. CGeezer

CGeezer

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Not a lot of scope for animals this year then :shrug: :exit:
  39. Yv

Yv Staff Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    depends how good you are at interpreting themes :p
  40. karmagarda

karmagarda Good between the sheets

Name:
    Conor
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Quick question.... Are photos allowed from last year for let's say, April? Or is that pushing it? :LOL: