2014 Fireworks Thread

Name
Steve (Being Kind)
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't think this has been started yet, so lets try and keep everything tidy and place all our Bonfire/Firework shots here. I shall start, but everyone can contribute and continue this thread if they so wish.

Wakefield Fireworks 2014 by SFB579 :), on Flickr

That's a good shot Steve, with still a bit of detail in the shadows and sky.(y)

George.

That's a good shot Steve, with still a bit of detail in the shadows and sky.(y)

George.

Thanks George, have a few more to process so will be adding to thread.(y)

Nice set of shots there Ben.(y) And a lovely pnormaic shot of the skyline and river Chris.(y)

Some really nice images here. Can I ask what settings you're all using? I can't see the exit on flickr on my tablet for some reason.

The general settings for firework images are, Bulb mode on camera, wired or wireless shutter releas. Aperture is usually around F11-F16 to capture the shot the shutter is held open for the duration of the firework burst, usually around 5-10 seconds, tripod essential.(y)

The general settings for firework images are, Bulb mode on camera, wired or wireless shutter releas. Aperture is usually around F11-F16 to capture the shot the shutter is held open for the duration of the firework burst, usually around 5-10 seconds, tripod essential.(y)
You're a star, thanks (y) We're going to watch a display in Lyme Regis on Saturday. Hopefully I get some shots like the crackers on this thread.

The reflections work well in those John, very nice set.(y)

So we didnt go to the Lyme Regis display because we couldnt park ANYWHERE :rolleyes: so my wife had a backup plan and we went to the one at Bridport Leisure Centre instead. We were not disapointed. This was my fist go at fireworks. The big light you see in some is the moon. I have edited it out in some as well as the exhibitionists van and car. Thanks @MWHCVT and @sbowler579 for the good advice (y)

_MG_4851 by Raptor Mike, on Flickr

_MG_4852 by Raptor Mike, on Flickr

_MG_4853 by Raptor Mike, on Flickr

I left the van in this one to give a sense of scale
_MG_4857 by Raptor Mike, on Flickr

_MG_4860 by Raptor Mike, on Flickr

_MG_4861 by Raptor Mike, on Flickr

_MG_4862 by Raptor Mike, on Flickr

_MG_4874 by Raptor Mike, on Flickr

Last edited:
You got some nice shots there Mike.(y)

Nice set Mark.(y)