24.70 sigma 2.8

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
Guy bin thinking of getting this lens for my nikon d7100 what do you think

Hi Phil it's for some portrait and full length shoots I'm doing I want to get some nice glass and not shore what to get

Hi Phil it's for some portrait and full length shoots I'm doing I want to get some nice glass and not shore what to get

You will be much better off with a Tamron/Sigma 17-50/55 equivalent.

Last edited:

What lenses do you currently have, and what can't you do with them?

What lenses do you currently have, and what can't you do with them?

I have a 50 1.8 sima 70-200 2.8 &18-105 I no the sigma and the 50 are nice but I was looking for somthing with a little zoom on hens why I said the 24-70

I'm torn now between the 18-50/55 what's best do u guys think

I have a 50 1.8 sima 70-200 2.8 &18-105 I no the sigma and the 50 are nice but I was looking for somthing with a little zoom on hens why I said the 24-70

24-70/2.8 is quite a good spec for portraits/couples/full-length, but you already have all those subjects covered in terms of focal length, plus the 50/1.8 makes a good option for shallow DoF. So I'm not sure what you'd gain.

The other point being made is that 24-70/2.8s are designed as a versatile general purpose range for full-frame cameras, and the equivalent there on APS-C/DX is 18-50/2.8ish.

I'm torn now between the 18-50/55 what's best do u guys think

This is beginning to sound like GAS ;) That would basically replace your 18-105, though would make sense as part of an all-round system upgrade.

I no what your saying I have the 18-105 but I wand some descent glass and I don't think this is I'm more thinking the 18-50/55 now

If you don't use rhe short end of the 18-105 nor the very long end, the 24-70 is ideal and you can move on the 50mm F1.8.

Whilst the 24-70 is a pro use FX lens, it will be fine on a DX camera and arguably better as the slightly softer edges are cut by the smaller sensor. I say go for it, it will be cracking sharp and 24 on FX is still just about short enough to make it general use friendly (36mm on FX).

Back