3 air-to-air (now 5!)

Edit My Images
Yes
2 taken at Duxford, the 3rd taken on Thursday.

DuxfordMissingman_5Sep10.jpg

CopyofDuxford4and5Sep10064b.jpg

16Sep10015small.jpg

C+C positively encouraged!

Cheesy

Last edited:
I like the angle of these. however they look a little washed out, maybe adding some contrast or converting to B&W / cross processing to give it more of a dramatic look.

also possibly some land movement by lowering the shutter speed ?

Definately a different perspective!

I like the angle of these. however they look a little washed out, maybe adding some contrast or converting to B&W / cross processing to give it more of a dramatic look.

also possibly some land movement by lowering the shutter speed ?

Definately a different perspective!

always love your posts cheesy and thanks so much for excluding the watermark!

six6six A2A shots are always going to lack some contrast as you are shooting through curved glass which is never idea and the land is so far away lowing the shutter speed wont help as relitive to the plane it will never move very much!

edit: forgot to say 2 is my favourite though i do think after resizing for web it could do with a bit more of a sharpen :)

Last edited:
No2 for me mate.
Cracking set though. Just a few tweaks and they will be spot on.
Keep 'em coming.
Dean:)

I think no 1 would be a killer shot if the light was more in your favour and it was a bit sharper

no 2 is the pick, although the lighting looks rather flat which you obviously cant do a lot about
no 3 has the light but the wing tips are out of focus so I guess the glass canopy has caused the distortion

beautiful framing of shot 2 though

my 2p
Chris

always love your posts cheesy and thanks so much for excluding the watermark!

six6six A2A shots are always going to lack some contrast as you are shooting through curved glass which is never idea and the land is so far away lowing the shutter speed wont help as relitive to the plane it will never move very much!

edit: forgot to say 2 is my favourite though i do think after resizing for web it could do with a bit more of a sharpen :)

I dont disagree however, a little photoshop can improve, for instance for a lazy bugger like myself using the auto tone tool in photoshop has solved some of my old washed out photo's.

As for the shutter speed, I suppose you might be right. :bonk: there again, theres always photoshop :LOL:

More please :):) I really like them.

If you could photograph the photographers on the ground in the Mach Loop from the air you would be a hero :D Is this possible?

Good shots there got any more ? Where was 3 taken ?

Good shots there got any more ? Where was 3 taken ?

Loads more, I'll have a look.

3 was taken as we broke back into the circuit at Valley on Thursday. The 'winders are blurred because I was using Mrs Cheesy's point'n'shoot instead of my 40D and as the aircraft breaks away, the roll element means that the wingtips are actually moving at quite a pace relative to the aircraft fuselage.

Cheesy

I always enjoy your shots Cheesy. Makes me so jealous! I take it that this was on your way back from Duxford?
It has to be number 3 for me.

Kev.

Always great shots Cheesy.
Number 2 for me. Think it maybe could be sharpened a little more though IMHO.
Quite week in the Loop this week. :shrug:

I went through yesterday in ZK015! 208 Sqn were night flying which shifts their flying day to the right, this will have resulted in a bit less traffic.

Cheesy

Last edited:
I went through yesterday in ZK015! 208 Sqn were night flying which shifts their flying day to the right, this will have resulted in a bit less traffic.

Cheesy

Had a trip down on Tuesday but the weather was shocking so ended up at Gigrin Farm and the red kites. Back down on Thursday - first showing was a Tuc at nearly 2pm with a couple of T1's later but that was it. There was plenty on the scanner but all seemed to be low level somewhere else! :bonk:

A couple of T1s. Larger versions of both of these shots are currently going through the Airliners.net screening process - a thoroughly soul-destroying experience!

CopyofDuxfordPractise1Sep10091b.jpg

CopyofDuxfordPractise1Sep10084b.jpg

Enjoy!

Cheesy

Back