3 from Glencoe last year

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, back again :)

Had a quick editing session on 3 shots from Glencoe & really happy with how they turned out . All shots have been " done to death " but hey.....not by me :D these have been languishing on the hard drive for over a year but now, with slightly improved editing ability I think I've managed to bring out the reality I saw

Scotland 2 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Glen Coe by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

DSC_5832a by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Be interested in your thoughts ,good bad or indifferent (y)

Thanks for looking

lynne

Last edited:
I like them they have nice light.

Last edited:
Hi Lynne

A lovely set of shots - clearly the weather was kind to you :)

#1 Lovely light and the composition is good IMO, although the rocks in the foreground do look a little tight to the edge (unless you've cropped it's a little too late on that one!) The tree top left is a bit dark and wonder if you could lighten it a touch to separate form the background

#2 I like the symmetry and perhaps it would look better as a panoramic crop to lose a little of the empty sky and water top and bottom?

#3 The light on this one looks a little flat. Can you boost the exposure or highlights to lift it a little without losing the moodiness of the clouds? Fore example, the cottage and mountain tops don't look white to me - more of an off grey (the mountain tops might be because of what I think is a filter?) I think it is an optical illusion but the cottage looks to be sloping - not sure what a slight anti-clockwise rotation would do - it might make the rest of the shot look out of level?

1st and last for me Lynne, lovely images whatever it's called :D

I think she was right the first time, the glen is 'Glen Coe', the village/town is 'Glencoe'. It's a fairly common misconception, not helped by the National Trust for Scotland!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Coe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glencoe,_Highland

OS maps show 'Glen Coe' for the glen itself and the joined form used for references to features in the glen such as 'Pass of Glencoe'.

I knew I should have trusted my instinct...after all , I'm a woman & everyone know's we're always right :D I was referring to the overall area...mainly because I've forgotten the names of the individual places :rolleyes:

Hi Lynne

A lovely set of shots - clearly the weather was kind to you :)

#1 Lovely light and the composition is good IMO, although the rocks in the foreground do look a little tight to the edge (unless you've cropped it's a little too late on that one!) The tree top left is a bit dark and wonder if you could lighten it a touch to separate form the background

#2 I like the symmetry and perhaps it would look better as a panoramic crop to lose a little of the empty sky and water top and bottom?

#3 The light on this one looks a little flat. Can you boost the exposure or highlights to lift it a little without losing the moodiness of the clouds? Fore example, the cottage and mountain tops don't look white to me - more of an off grey (the mountain tops might be because of what I think is a filter?) I think it is an optical illusion but the cottage looks to be sloping - not sure what a slight anti-clockwise rotation would do - it might make the rest of the shot look out of level?

wow...thanks ever so much Adrian , pointed out several things I'd not spotted .
#1 has only been cropped slightly from the top ,the width is as shot ( if that makes sense) .As for the tree...I agree completely but lightening it without affecting the background is beyond my pp skill currently :(

#2 I knew the crop would be a bit marmite , again only shaved a smidge top & bottom....might just try your suggestion as thinking of getting it printed :)

#3...your comment re the light made me smile...flat was not the word if I recall correctly.It took a fair bit of pp to get the result you see but yeah , I need to work on it some more . I think I had a filter on so you're possibly correct on the color of the snow ....this edit took me about 10 mins so a little more time would be beneficial I think

Thanks again Adrian for such detailed feedback , much appreciated :clap:

1st and last for me Lynne, lovely images whatever it's called :D

:LOL: Cheers Gramps :D

A very nice set! I'm heading to glen Coe (or glencoe) for a workshop in a week, I'll probably take the very same shots!! But will aspire to something different. But if I come away with a set like this I'll be happy.

Back