3 pics from The Strid - Bolton Abbey

Edit My Images
Yes
These are the first pictures I have posted to the forums.
A few from The Strid at Bolton Abbey in Yorkshire, taken the other morning.

MG_2688.jpg

MG_2701.jpg

I think the strange blue reflection spoils this one.

MG_2724.jpg

1st is a nothingness.. tree stump is not easy to see
2nd is interesting, not enought depth tho... no distance or 1/3rds
3rd hmm fluffy water and no sense of scale. Well exposed tho

I quite like these. Number 3 is my fav, nice slow shutter and really good detail :) It looks a bit calmer now than when we had a meet at Bolton Abbey, the strid was a raging torrent then :| didnt need very slow shutters to get nice water blur that day!

I can see what paul is trying to say in his old-grumpy-man way. :D..... #1 is a bit "busy" with no real focal point and without this says .. well .. nothing really :shrug:

#2 is alsmost a great shot but lacks strong composition so just remains "nice".

#3 has a bit of oth the problems of #1 and #2 but has far more potential... it looks soft this small but may be better for a bit of unsharp mask.

To summarise: They ain't bad but could all be improved on.

HTH (y)

If you crop number 2 just about where the tree is it looks better to me, increase the saturation a bit and it starts to look surreal! :)

I quite like Number 3

Thanks for the comments. I agree that composition is the area I need to work on.

Off to North Wales for the weekend so I will see what I can do.

I like No 2.....would like to be there.
Can't offer any technical feedback like others, as I am new to all this and my knowledge is very limited. I like the second photo as the 'path' in the water reminds me of a journey and the photo holds a sense of anticipation and mystery......

Back