Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
£30 to go up The Shard.

Free to stand at the bottom and look up :naughty:

Not a serious photo. Taken with a Canon G7 X.

Father in-law had an appointment in Guys so I went for a little stroll. I just couldn't get over it was 30 quid to go to the top.

Last edited:
Get a coffee from the 32nd floor restaurant and its free and you can take photos from there as well.

Makes for a nice 'free' image.

Interesting to see such such an obvious 'portrait' subject taken as a 'landscape' composition too (y)

The Doctor (Who) rode the Shard for free ;)

[youtube]

Used to be free ;)

32nd floor? What is the view like?

Isn't the whole thing about 87 floors?
Even if that is so, London isn't a city like NYC where being as high as possible gets a better view. 32 floors may be just enough to look over a part of London

The public viewing galleries are on floors 68, 69 and 72 and the price is actually £24.95.

Think that's bad.....going to stay the night as a Wedding Anniversary gift but I have been granted permission to bring my camera as well. Shooting from the hotel and been in discussion with the hotel to go higher as well.....

So wanna pay £30 or a nights stay for over £500......I am going to get my monies worth and more.

I thought I'd surprise the wife with a 2 night stay at the Shangri la hotel in the Shard. :wideyed: Jeeeeeez that was an expensive weekend. The hotel and room was beautiful but stupid money. I should have stayed at the premier inn down the road and paid the money to go to the viewing area. It was our first break from the kids in years though so we spoilt ourselves a little.

London from 1500ft looking West by leeparker1968, on Flickr

What you do is;
Apply to join the London Ambulance Service as a Paramedic; where you will earn not a lot, be subjected to abuse from drunk/drugged people, work rotating shifts that will shorten your life, frequently end up with blood/vomit/faeces over you.
Then after at least 5 years of doing this you can apply to be a Paramedic on Londons Air Ambulance, where you will do more of the above but in a Helicopter........
........but if you are a photographer as well..........;)
(coming back into land at the Royal London Helipad, after a mission)
Actually, where's my 30 quid lol??

I didn't actually think the price was tooooo terrible considering the view and the fact I'm only likely to do it once. Compared to 15 for the cinema I thought it was bearable

Back