365 : A self portrait every day for one year

Everyone. Seriously. Thanks for the really kind words. It makes me smile to know that so many people have been reading it.
The problem I have with the internet is that it can sometimes seem 'non-personal' and I often don't realise how many people are reading about all these personal things that I put online lol :D (Not that I mind of course!).

So to hear how many of you have enjoyed reading it, really cheers me up (y)

So thankyou for your kind words. It's been a great ride with you all. I've faved some personal demons this year, which I documented and shared with you all (so, er, sorry bout that :p), and tried to be as I stated in my very first one.

That some will be creative, some inspirational. Some will be grab shots, but they will all, always be a photo of me, and mostly something to do with my day.

Thanks again chaps (and ladies)
(Going to bed tonight without having done a shot is going to feel wwwweeeiiiirrrdd!)

BTW I'm going to put together a Blurb photobook :D I've got to get this year in print, it's been a big part of my life :D

Many congratulations on seeing this through to the end and keeping it so inspirational throughout. The photobook is a great idea, this is a year in your life you need to keep a permanent record of. It'll be great to see your grandchildren reading through it in years to come :)

Congratulations again Marcel. I have nothing but respect for what you've achieved (y)

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

If I could have made it bigger I would have Marcel... :naughty:

Serious respect for so many reasons - you're frank and open approach to this project for starters and for sticking it out and seeing it through... :clap:

I have been less than diligent in keeping up with my postings but have popped in and kept track of all your doings... :D

Inspirational, thought provoking and a real insight into the real Marcel... ;) ... thanx for taking us with you 'all the way' Marcel... :ty:

But really... :naughty: ... that last shot was taking things a bit too far... t ... :eek: ... :LOL:

Congratulations on completing your self-imposed ordeal...

:p

I agree with all of the above. Congratulations Marcel. I haven't commented on your 365 nearly enough, but have watched it here and on Flickr, I suspect I may miss it.

Thankyou Marcel for sharing the last year with us(y)
It has been lots of things but the main word I have is inspirational.
It has been a very interesting journey and well done for having the balls to do it and stick with it.
Lets hope this new year brings inspiration to us all.

Thank you for this amazing thread, Marcel, and what a great end to it (no pun intended).
This thread has been groundbreaking for two reasons:
1) It was based on just the one theme: you. That has to be an achievement. Okay, I'm halfway through mine's, but mine's quite easy as it's based on anything (landscapes, people, objects, etc, etc).
And 2) It's the human touch you've given it, where you've been an insipiration to many. It goes to show that we all have our weak points as well as our strong ones.
Marcel, I salute you. Now you can breath easy aaaaand relax. :)

Hi Marcel!
I haven't comented on this thread before (in fact i've only posted a couple of times on this forum) ... However I would just like to pass on my congratulations on making it to the end! Like many others this thread has been the first one I have come to with my morning cup of tea! It has been an amazing journey to share with you and I have laughed out loud on many occasion! Thank you so much for sharing! ... On another note I, like you, have decided to make some major changes to my life in 2009 one of them being to re-educate myself, I can't afford to give up working full time but I have just signed up to do an Open University course in Psycology, the first part is an openings course and has no exams and is an introduction back into study... it's not too expensive either at £110 and can be done in your own time, I just thought I'd mention it to you as I remember you saying it was somthing you would be interested in studying. What ever you secide to do I wish you and your family Love, Peace and Happiness for 2009.
ZD

marcel what a great finish, i was tempted to write end, but i know you will go on and on best wishes to you and all your family for 2009 top:banana::woot:

Just like to add my thanks to letting us share your journey for the past year, and as has been said full respect to you. It has a joy to come back regularly to view all your photos. I've tried doing a normal 365 which was hard enough never mind self portaits. Well done and all the best for this forth coming year and on. Look forward to more what ever comes next

367.366 : The wonderful staff of the NHS

Marcel Booth posted a photo:

Been in hospital today. Infact i'm in here right now. Routine surgery. Just come out of theatre in-fact. Fantastic staff though, i must say. The nhs gets a bad press sometimes but i can't sing their praises enough. Been really well looked after from start to finish. Home later but because it's a big thing i thought i'd do a random bonus 365. Two kids. . . No more ;). Where did my male prime years go eh? Happily married for all of them though! Must dash. . . Tea and toast is here!

More...

Good to know you're being looked after. Get well soon. (y)

Im back home now chaps :)
This was sent to flickr at about 4pmish.
However, to autopost into the forums, I have to add it to my 365 set which I couldnt do from the phone, no matter how hard I tried :(
So had to do it when I got home.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Serious respect for so many reasons - you're frank and open approach to this project for starters and for sticking it out and seeing it through... :clap:

Inspirational, thought provoking and a real insight into the real Marcel... ;) ... thanx for taking us with you 'all the way' Marcel... :ty:

What he said! I've been visiting this thread for the last year and it's been lovely and at times emotional! Though the photos have been wonderful I've also really enjoyed your words too - you've been so eloquent in describing your feelings on your journey through your 365. I think you'll have made a lot of people think about their own lives too and appreciate our loved ones all th emore. Well done Marcel :)

Thankyou very much Miss McT :)

That was my intention, to not just make me think, but to help others think too.
I'm quite an open person to be honest, which is why I often found it quite easy sharing :)

It was a journey for me, and a journey I wanted to share with my friends on TP and Flickr.

Thanks for the kind words, it's really appreciated.

I knew you were a mod, and that you must spend a lot of time on here by the amount of times i saw your avatar in posts.
I dont really look at 365's either here or flickr, it just seemed to be shots of people's faces.
Until i read this one that is. I've only skimmed through, looking at every 8th page as I really should be working, but by christ its been an eye opener!
Laying yourself open must have been cathartic at times, its not something everyone can do. And as for letting the world into your life and house every day is not something I would have the nads to let happen.
So how is it, three quaters of a year on?

Your christmas eve account of the getting the kids ready for santa (and i count you as one of the kids) is fantastic. You might have you down and dark days, but that one post said more about you (IMHO) than all the rest.

Thanks for sharing. Health and happiness to you and yours, big fella.

Day 008/365 - On the buses

2186761844_a65dfe50ca_o.jpg

I used to be a bus driver for a few years, and tonight one of my old workmates was doing a late shift, so I popped out for a ride, with some photo opportunities in mind. This was one of them. It didn't turn out as planned, but hey ho, what does.

haha the old 82/83 bus!

Back