4 Seasons

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I did a little study of a tree opposite my house. Been back at regular intervals to photograph it throughout the year. I have tried to reflect the essence of each season in a shot. Any thoughts/comments welcome.

seasons_zps5be53416.jpg

Each of the shots individually are excellent. Combined they are taken to the next level. Great skills!

I love the idea, my only dislike is the fact that the horizons aren't on the same level and tree
at different focal lengths
Still a lovely composition

Great idea well executed :)

Thank you all for the feedback on the picture - it is appreciated. The pictures are all taken the same distance away from the tree, as that is where the public footpath runs across the fields, although I may have zoomed in or out slightly more on some. I have a selection of each shot, usually around 10-20 taken at a time. The horizon behind is at an angle as the road runs up a hill there. I placed the winter and autumn shots at each end as they were very similar in colour, quite light so wanted some space between them. I was going to try a high-key shot for autumn in the fog, but I couldn't really create what I wanted in photoshop (poor skills I think) so in the end I left it as is, thought the green foreground was different to the other shots.

I personally really like the winter shot and have it on the wall (a request from my wife too)
I feel the summer one is the weakest shot, the growing bushy-ness of the tree also reduced the separation between it and the trees in the background. Also with the direction the sun rises and sets I couldn't really do more without changing vantage points which would have messed the composition up, so it is a bit of a compromise I feel.

It's not perfect but overall I am quite pleased with it. I hope I have given some of you an idea, to go and try something like this for yourself.

Once again, thank you for all the comments. I value them all.

Last edited:
Here is a larger view of the winter picture. I hope you like it.

IMG_3685.jpg

Last edited:
Back