weekly 52 in 2013: Brian of Bozeat : COMPLETE

No one else saw it either, I shouldn't worry about it. As long as a few saw the crowbar at least part of the "joke" worked.

Hand of friendship works with the theme Brian (y)
I feel that similar to my hand photograph for 'Live', it needs the title to work but thats not a critique, more an observation as I often use the title to that effect.

Your hand itself is well lit, showing plenty detail, good work matey (y)

I like that. Nice focus and lighting on the hand itself, the sharp detail really stands out. An interesting take on the theme too, the outstretched hand of friendship, but with nothing else in the frame to reciprocate... Kinda stark. There's a triangle of shadow on top of the wrist that looks a tiny bit harsh to me, but it's no real spoiler.

Hi Brian,
Sleek, I like it nice colour, reflection and background (y)
my kind of car too

Friendship, a nice idea dont mind the shadows at all you have explained why it was lit as it was
and have achieved what you set out to do

Hand of friendship works with the theme Brian (y)
I feel that similar to my hand photograph for 'Live', it needs the title to work but thats not a critique, more an observation as I often use the title to that effect.

Your hand itself is well lit, showing plenty detail, good work matey (y)

Thanks Iain. I've just been and looked at your "Live" again. (y)

Nice hand (y)

Good lighting.

Was it a self timer on a tripod? If so it's very good focus.

Thanks Mark, Tripod and cable release.

I like that. Nice focus and lighting on the hand itself, the sharp detail really stands out. An interesting take on the theme too, the outstretched hand of friendship, but with nothing else in the frame to reciprocate... Kinda stark. There's a triangle of shadow on top of the wrist that looks a tiny bit harsh to me, but it's no real spoiler.

Thanks for commenting Nick.

Friendship, cracking idea and the lighting works very well to bring out the shadows.

Cheers.

Cheers! :)

Where's your sleek image Brian? :shrug:

Edit: went over to flickr to view it, a very crisp, clean image Brian, the minimalist feel to the image works well. I like the vibrant colours to it too. Good work (y)

Last edited:
Hi Brian,
Sleek, I like it nice colour, reflection and background (y)
my kind of car too

Friendship, a nice idea dont mind the shadows at all you have explained why it was lit as it was
and have achieved what you set out to do

Thanks Allan. (y)
Where's your sleek image Brian? :shrug:

Edit: went over to flickr to view it, a very crisp, clean image Brian, the minimalist feel to the image works well. I like the vibrant colours to it too. Good work (y)

Dunno what happened, I remade the link and it's working here now... Thanks for your encouragement Iain.

It's not that bad Brian ;)

Yup, works well. Has a high key feel to it. Central composition does it justice.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, you are too kind. :D

That's great. Love the primary colours against the white. I particularly like that the only thing that suggests a distinction between the background and the ground is the reflection, that's clever.

hmm, very simple shot, centrally framed... it shouldn't work, but it does! (y)

Helllooo...finally got some time for a catch up !

Whimisical reshoot---- I'm another who doesn't get Lego ( maybe cos I never had any :( ) but I kinda like this shot....you have rather gone to extreme's though,taking a flight to capture the Taj Mahal for the 52's :LOL: .The only things that bother's me is the red thing the groom is holding....?

Sleek....who doesn't love a toy car , really well lit , great colors & reflection (y)

Friendship , simple , well lit , nice angle...(y)

That's great. Love the primary colours against the white. I particularly like that the only thing that suggests a distinction between the background and the ground is the reflection, that's clever.

Thanks Nick, it took quite a bit of work to get what I had in mind into the camera so I'm glad you like it. :)

hmm, very simple shot, centrally framed... it shouldn't work, but it does! (y)

Who says it shouldn't work? eh? :boxer: : Thanks Graham (y)

Helllooo...finally got some time for a catch up !

Whimisical reshoot---- I'm another who doesn't get Lego ( maybe cos I never had any :( ) but I kinda like this shot....you have rather gone to extreme's though,taking a flight to capture the Taj Mahal for the 52's :LOL: .The only things that bother's me is the red thing the groom is holding....?

Sleek....who doesn't love a toy car , really well lit , great colors & reflection (y)

Friendship , simple , well lit , nice angle...(y)

[It's a crow bar] Thanks for all the positive comments Lynne. Not far to go now eh?

Hi Brian
love the wild reshoot shooting into the sun has really paid off there, great colour to it and nice bird silhouettes :clap:

Colour, nice colours and i do like the tight but loose layout iyswim, in perfect rainbow order too :clap:

Like the shooting into the sun of your wild with nice silhouettes of the birds and tree.

Very nice sky as well (y)

Not too sure about your colour shot just looks a little dull on some of them, works well though.

week 48 is lovely,

I like the idea of your week 49 -colour but the colours are a little faded, maybe a bit whitewashed.

I like your whole set

Like the shooting into the sun of your wild with nice silhouettes of the birds and tree.

Very nice sky as well (y)

Not too sure about your colour shot just looks a little dull on some of them, works well though.

Thanks Mark.

week 48 is lovely,

I like the idea of your week 49 -colour but the colours are a little faded, maybe a bit whitewashed.

I like your whole set

Thanks Nathan.

Unfortunately, that's how smarties are doing their colours these days. Out of interest, I offered the sweets up to the screen while processing, I wanted to see how close they were to the originals, and they were pretty close! I was a little bit disappointed at first but then the "pastel-ness" of it grew on me. :)

Thanks Nathan.

Unfortunately, that's how smarties are doing their colours these days. Out of interest, I offered the sweets up to the screen while processing, I wanted to see how close they were to the originals, and they were pretty close! I was a little bit disappointed at first but then the "pastel-ness" of it grew on me. :)

maybe skittles next time? smarties dont taste any good now either all the do-gooders removed all the bad (good) stuff lol

congrats on explore

Hi Brian

Thats a nice festive pic, nicely lit bright where it needs to be so you have not lost the BG, altogether very pleasing (y)

A good one (thought it might be a cow though ;)), nicely lit, nice focus and good dof.

Overall a very pleasing image :)

Hi Brian

Sleek - humorous, colourful, good dof, great reflection, nice position of the car pointing right and down, evoking movement. Altogether super and cute also.
Wild - that is a spot on shot to evoke the feeling of 'wild' - like it(y)
Colour - ROYGBIV eh? Take your point about the colours of the smarties , but they still look a bit washed out - perhaps it is the flash highlights.
Fantasy - that is a really good idea and lots of festive colour too. I too would like to see more of the head/face brighter and that ball behind the antlers is a bit off putting, confusing the definition of the antlers.

Super job on the reshoot for wild - beautiful shot with the sunbeams spreading out and the birds all in flight. Love the colour too, well deserved explore. :clap:

colour... lacking a bit of colour to me too, and I originally thought overexposed... but if that's the colour they are, then that's the colour they are.

Fantasy is a nice easy route out of a tricky theme, a prancing reindeer. shot at 300mm eh? looks like flash from the lower left too.... hmmm I need a flash. :thinking: Is it a wireless trigger you have for it? Have to agree with Alan about the blue bauble though, another white one might have worked in it's place, keeping the number of colours down. :shrug:

You're gonna miss the 52's next year.......... ;)

The wild reshoot is a corker. Lovely tones, the suns rays, the variation of light on the clouds, all with the silhouettes overlaid, just adds up to something really pleasing and involving to look at.

Colour works well IMO, maybe slightly more vivid would improve it slightly, but I really like the point of light on each individual sweet.

I really like the lighting on Fantasy, it really pops the subject out, without coming back too harshly off the baubles. The bokeh on the sparkly bits is really nice too.

Thanks Mark. I shot this within an hour of the theme and I didn't like it and then I went out for a bit and came back and decided I did like it and then I posted it up here and now i don't think I like it again... :confused:

Hi Brian

A clever take on the theme, :clap:
not sure about the placement of the needle but I can't offer any solution, maybe a lower angle shot :thinking:
on second thoughts just ignore me I have no idea what i am trying to say :nuts:

Hi Brian

Reshoot of wild is wonderful... , I'd maybe crop a smidge of the bottom then get it printed & hang it proudly :clap:

Color...not had smarties for years , little bit too bright for me but a great white bg & like the rainbow layout (y)

Fantasy...Reindeers are real ya know :D great bokeh & very festive...a touch to central ?

Fit......actually had to google that to find out what the hell you meant :bonk: neat idea & quick off the mark...love the color & light on the camel (y)

Hi Brian

A clever take on the theme, :clap:
not sure about the placement of the needle but I can't offer any solution, maybe a lower angle shot :thinking:
on second thoughts just ignore me I have no idea what i am trying to say :nuts:

Thanks. I did try a few different "lengths" of needle, I just pulled the needle up out of the base a bit. And a few different Camel positions... a Lower angle might have been better but I would run out of background!

Cracking eye dear Brian! Made me smile.

Groan! - nice pun Michael. :D

Hi Brian

Reshoot of wild is wonderful... , I'd maybe crop a smidge of the bottom then get it printed & hang it proudly :clap:

Color...not had smarties for years , little bit too bright for me but a great white bg & like the rainbow layout (y)

Fantasy...Reindeers are real ya know :D great bokeh & very festive...a touch to central ?

Fit......actually had to google that to find out what the hell you meant :bonk: neat idea & quick off the mark...love the color & light on the camel (y)

Thanks Lynne, a duotone is what they call it. :)

Nice one Brian, works perfectly for the theme.

I like the almost whimsical tip of the camels head, as if he's thinking "hmmmm.... I might be able to..."

Merry Christmas Brian - one more to go and you're done!

Nice one Brian, works perfectly for the theme.

I like the almost whimsical tip of the camels head, as if he's thinking "hmmmm.... I might be able to..."

Merry Christmas Brian - one more to go and you're done!

Thanks, and merry xmas to you & yours Graham. (Hope Santa brings you a flash)

Back