5D mk iii firmware update?

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
So with the announcement of the 7D mk ii should we be expecting new firmware for the 5D mk iii so it has the same updated feature list? i know some things are not possible but an intervalometer would be nice or do i have to just go ahead and install magic lantern?

magic Lantern works just fine.

ML is fantastic but it doesn't offer (as far as i can see) the few things id like to see on the 5D, and were implemented with a FW update on the 1DX.

Such as what mate? I might be able to advise as Ive used it for thousands of shots since it came out for the newest firmware.

I really dont want to discuss why i want it, as i know its a hot topic, but ill say this.
I like to use Auto ISO a lot. I also sometimes feel the need to switch to Manual mode as i want a certain DOF and a certain shutter speed. I also find i use +/- EC quite a bit in the other modes. Having a bit more control over the exposure when the camera is setting the ISO seems like a good idea.
Seeing as only Evaluative metering takes its reading from the selected AF point and locks it when you half press the shutter using the other metering modes sometimes gives the wrong result, especially if im focusing and recomposing.
Its not for everyone of course, and its not something id' use a lot, but the fact that Canon have implemented it on the 1DX seems to indicate im not alone.

Back