5D mk3 error 30

Edit My Images
No
My camera has this error come up. I've tried different lens, battery, memory card, firmware - no joy :(

Any other suggestions?

It's over 2.5 years old and is a grey import. Gutted doesn't even come close - I love this camera and has had less than 6000 actuations. I suspect it will need to be sent of for repair. Where would be the best place to send it bearing in mind that it is a grey import and is out of warranty?

A quick google shoes error 30 on a 5d MK3 as a shutter problem / malfunction.

You could try Canon @ Elstree to see if it's covered by a fixed price repair...

Other than that, the usual subjects - Lehmans, Fixation etc ...

Hope you get it sorted

Quick update: sent it to Elstree. 2 weeks later, I got it back with a new shutter (and a service) and I am £213 lighter.

Quick update: sent it to Elstree. 2 weeks later, I got it back with a new shutter (and a service) and I am £213 lighter.

Taking the price you originally paid and the cost of that repair was there any saving?

Obviously that problem was unusual (probably) but just wondered.

Given that it was ~600gbp cheaper to go the grey import route at the time of purchase, I don't think it would put me off getting a grey import again. I think I was unfortunate that that the camera failed with less than 6000 actuations and also, using John Lewis as a benchmark, the price for the body now is only just marginally cheaper than what I can remember paying for the body and I've really enjoyed having the camera. It's funny how you get that extra satisfaction using a quality product even though functionally it's no different from my old Canon 450d.

Back