6 hour Fiesta Endurance Race

• Thread starter Deleted member 57962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 57962

Leinster Motor Club ran their first 6 Hour Fiesta Endurance Race at Mondello Park. The driver list included BTCC Champion Colin Turkington, alongside his brothers, Aron Smith, from the BTCC BMR team but driving for "Justin Bieber Racing" and Rally driver Eugene Donnelly, to name a few.
The cars were surprisingly reliable, considering the usual high attrition rate in the sprint races during the year, the gearbox and clutch appearing to be the achilles heel for some teams. The race was eventually won by Murray Motorsport with Eoin & Niall Murray, Barry English & Michael Cullen behind the wheel.

1. Aron Smith
DSC_7765 by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

2. Andrew Blair
DSC_8146 by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

3. The murder scene ;-)
DSC_8098 by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

4. Having a bit of fun with a long exposure and light painting.
DSC_8325 by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

Great shots Fran.....seeing these, I regret not spending that more time in the pit lane at that race, but you can't be everywhere I suppose. That Ricky Bobby Fiesta had the brightest lights of the whole field and your light trail shot is very cool.

Great event all in all....they should run more night or endurance races.

Thanks for the comment Brian..... I regret spending 'so' much time in the pit-lane, I missed the chance to get light trails on the outside of the circuit at Dunlop & Ford.

#TheGrassIsAlwaysGreenerElsewhere ;-)

Great event all in all....they should run more night or endurance races.

I agree, after the success of this event Mondello might be encouraged to run more similar events next year. A season opener in March/April would be something to look forward too?

Back