60 Minute make over needed.

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I wasn't sure where this would fit, but decided in the end it was rural.
This was taken at the ruins of Crackpot Hall nr Keld, in the Yorkshire Dales.
It was my first try at ETTR. I feel that it has utilised most of the dynamic range of the sensor, without blowing the highlights, though it took a leap of faith to ignore the 'blinkies' Especially when looking at a preview on the rear screen that is a horrible shade of green.

Kitchen renovation needed-2-6892 by Philip Dalglish Photography, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Philip

There looks to be some real potential there. Lots of detail and wonderful rusty colours.

On the crit side, minor issue of the bottom of the bath being cut of and I find the inclusion of the Bg a little distracting.

I'd have been tempted to get in closer for more detailed photographs of the bath and other details.

Cheers.

I'm not sure about '60 minute makeover', it might be a job for 'DIY SOS'!

It's such an odd subject that I don't know how you might photograph it, the visible background tells us that it's outside, otherwise it could be a corner of a scruffy reclamation yard. I think it looks 1/2 a stop or so overexposed still.

As it is it's neither one thing or another. I'd would have been tempted to go wider and show the kitchen more in the context of it's ruined nature or, as said above, go in closer on certain elements and perhaps choose an occasion too when the light is more helpful than it is here.

Back