60D Battery Info

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, just got me a 60D and checking out the battery info thing (never had a camera with this feature before) along with 3 genuine batteries and a grip. I can view the battery of each individual battery without the grip however when I have the grip loaded it will not show the info of them, just the remaining capacity showing as one battery? As far as I remember reading ages ago you should be able to see both batteries loaded and performance etc?

I could be totally wrong here or doing something wrong :( Any help appreciated!

Have you got the genuine grip? (not sure if a non OEM grip would make a difference!)
Also, are you attaching the grip to the camera with or without the batteries inside?
I think you're supposed to attach the grip empty, then insert the batteries.

Hi there, it's not a gen grip... wasn't sure if that mattered myself, I didn't think so. Will double check again with the batteries and see what happens.

Hi Matthew
Try it both ways, a review for the Neewer grip says you have to insert the batteries into the grip first, then attach it to the camera.
Never had a grip when i had my 60D, but with my 5D3 i don't think it matters which way you do it!(genuine grip)
It does say to do it one way, i just can't remember which and the instructions are in the box in the loft!!

i have a meike grip on my 60d thats the same no matter how you put the batterys in it only shows the capacity of one at a time...

tried putting the batteries in the grip before attaching the grip to my 5D3 last night and got an empty/blinking battery icon in the display.
So, if you have an OEM grip, you have to put the batteries in last!

Back